Warthog, Bushpig & Night Predator Hunting Package US$5,550

SvanZyl

AH senior member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Member of
SCI, LHLF (Limpopo Hunters Liaison Forum), Sub Saharan Houndsman Association.
Honey Badger, African Wildcat, Civet.jpg

SS Pro Safaris offers this unique package to AfricaHunting.com members only.
Hunt for a MONSTER Warthog during the day and for Bushpig, Honey Badger,
Civet Cat and African Wildcat during the night.

Warthog.jpg

11 Day Safari for 1 Hunter (1 on 1)
10 Days of hunting

Included:
- full accommodation for 11 days
- trophy and licenses for species listed
- meals and drinks
- daily laundry.
- ph, skinners & trackers
- skinning & field preparation of trophies
- transportation during hunt
- delivery of trophies to Taxidermy or Dipping company
that SS Pro Safaris uses.
- Airport Pick Up/Drop Off

Not Included:
- airfare
- accommodation before and after hunt. (Should it be requested)
- trophy fees for animals bagged or wounded and lost.
- taxidermy / dipping & shipping cost
- insurances
- gratuities.

Arrival/Departure Point - Johannesburg (OR Tambo International)
Best times to hunt - August to October
- if hunt is booked for 2017, observer can be included at no charge and additional species can be added at less 15% on trophy fees
- if safari is booked for 2018, before August 2017, prices will be fixed as per 2017 Price List (Observer not included)

Last edited by a moderator:
@SS Pro Safaris thanks for asking for feedback. It seems like this offer is in direct response to feedback from your "focus group"on here. If I were not heading to Zim for a hunt in a month, I would be looking at this seriously for 2017 and will keep you in mind for next year as my PH does not do hunts like you offer.

Really a nice, unique hunt.

P.S. - I find it interesting that no advert ever says whether you'll be eating the game you hunt on safari or not. I live life through my stomach so I always am wondering if the game animals killed are sold to the market, or if the choice cuts become steak dinner for the clients? Warthog tenderloins and barbeque ribs sound might good...if that's on the menu I think I'd advertise that!

@SS Pro Safaris thanks for asking for feedback. It seems like this offer is in direct response to feedback from your "focus group"on here. If I were not heading to Zim for a hunt in a month, I would be looking at this seriously for 2017 and will keep you in mind for next year as my PH does not do hunts like you offer.

P.S. - I find it interesting that no advert ever says whether you'll be eating the game you hunt on safari or not. I live life through my stomach so I always am wondering if the game animals killed are sold to the market, or if the choice cuts become steak dinner for the clients? Warthog tenderloins and barbeque ribs sound might good...if that's on the menu I think I'd advertise that!

Valid point about the game meat.... Bushpig is probably the better of the two. Ribs on the open fire, you can't beat it.

We do prepare game meat almost everyday. Not sure how Honey Badger would taste like, as they stink like crazy.....

Valid point about the game meat.... Bushpig is probably the better of the two. Ribs on the open fire, you can't beat it.

We do prepare game meat almost everyday. Not sure how Honey Badger would taste like, as they stink like crazy.....

Strongly recommend many liters of Piri Piri if you're going to try to eat the Badger! Warthog requires a fair amount of BBQ sauce as it is! :)

There are a fair amount of Americans that would try Civit as it looks like a fat racoon and you know the group of Americans that kiss their cousins love eating racoon! ;-)

@rookhawk ... you are exactly right. Our goal is to provide our clients with a unique experience and develop lasting relationships. We were a little late to the party for this year on the forum, spent a lot of time working the show circuit in the States. Hoping to move in a new direction with our advertising efforts. We are working on a couple other ideas for packages as well...so stand by for more good things to come.

Attachments

• unspecified_zps6bnresmx.jpeg
    unspecified_zps6bnresmx.jpeg
    102.5 KB · Views: 246
  • unspecified-3_zpslouahzd3.jpeg
    unspecified-3_zpslouahzd3.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 276
  • unspecified-4_zpsx3b4z5sm.jpeg
    unspecified-4_zpsx3b4z5sm.jpeg
    226.2 KB · Views: 328
  • unspecified-2_zpshxb6ygfc.jpeg
    unspecified-2_zpshxb6ygfc.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 359
  • unspecified-1_zpsoi729lpt.jpeg
    unspecified-1_zpsoi729lpt.jpeg
    175.8 KB · Views: 325
I don't know about the cousin kissin', but raccoon wasn't bad. I boiled it first, to get the greasy fat out, then tossed it on the barbie. Not quite like turkey, but close

IMG_3875.JPG

@rookhawk, we're cooking Blue Wildebeest backstrap tonight.

Setup at bait stations

IMG_0832.JPG

IMG_0836.JPG

IMG_0832.JPG

I'm new in your forum so bear with me...
Your offer tickles a place in me that I haven't endulged in very long. I love hunting small cats and pigs! Would it be practical to do this hunt with a muzzleloader?
Can Serval and Caracal be added to the package? If so, what are their trophy fees. Lastly, would you recommend to add days to secure all the various species? I would likely have just one crack at these species and want to maximize my chances for success! I am also interested in both Brown and Spotted Hyena.

I look Forward to hearing your response!
David G Sonnenburg

This is a great and challenging hunt for the right guy. Will contact you by PM for more detail and put you together a custom quote.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg