WARNING to Hunters, Hunting Outfitters and Agents

This has been on going for the past 3 years that i am aware of. My wife computer was plugged up and the hard drive destroyed by something she unknowing opened up. Google g mail was being hacked and the "villains" as i call them were taking over e mail accounts and sending messages to everyone in their directory. my computer received an e mail from my wife and my computer picked up a virus, malware and trojan all in one e mail. I had a friend call me that he got an email from my g mail account that i never use. down to the computer teck to have both computer gone through and cleaned up.

Things to do...

Disable the auto preview in your e mail account. Trojans, malware and viruses plus key trackers could be auto downloaded by having this feature turned on.

Never open an e mail from someone you do not know or the subject line is suspect. you can hit reply with out opening and ask that they provide a telephone number in the subject line when they reply to you.

That usually stops them dead, as you can research a telephone number.

Get rid of Norton and McAfee they do not stop anything and are at the low end of protection catching less than 50% of incoming. Move up to a high 80 or 90 % option, yes it will cost you about $50 however it is worth it.

Run other detection programs that are free on the internet to keep your system clean. I know i run 4 different programs on both of our computers and they all catch different things.

Watch your CPU Usage and when it is operating above the the clean running figure, you have something on your computer that needed to be cleaned up.

Do your updates for your computer programs, either manually or automatically.

Have everything on your computer backed up on a external hard drive that you do not leave connected to your computer.

Thanks for the warning! Will be sure to make our clients aware of this.

Thanks for the warning. I, unfortunately, learned to never give my E-mail to a business (Target, Home Depot) as I have seen attempts to "spam" me on my account. I now delete ANYTHING or ANYBODY I do not recognize. You cannot be too security conscious these days.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg