Warne Bases & Rings for Winchester Safari Express

Mauser78

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
AFA Archers
Hi, I want to put a Leopold VX3 3.5-10 x40 scope on a Winchester 375 Safari Express. I would like to use Warne Maxima bases and QD rings. Would low Rings work, or must it be Medium? Also I see there is 2 bases for the M70, whitch one is the correct one? Is it possible to mount it without the base sticking out over the ejection port?

Thank you

I have them on on the same rifle and I used the low's with a 3-9x40. I'm about to head out the door this morning, but I'm fairly confident the rear base needs to be the one with narrower hole spacing. Somewhere in the 0.3" range. If you hand load and have a micrometer you could measure the hole spacing. Or just use a tape measure, should be about 3/8". If it's close to that you know it's that spacing. The more normal rear spacing is quite wider.

If you have any questions, call Warne. Their customer service is quite helpful. I'll try to remember to check back on this thread with some pics of my M70.

Hi, I want to put a Leopold VX3 3.5-10 x40 scope on a Winchester 375 Safari Express. I would like to use Warne Maxima bases and QD rings. Would low Rings work, or must it be Medium? Also I see there is 2 bases for the M70, whitch one is the correct one? Is it possible to mount it without the base sticking out over the ejection port?

Thank you
I just went through this problem! :) I am mounting a Swarovski z5. The objective lens is 50mm and I have to get high rings. BUT, I think the reason I need the high rings is because of the diameter of the eye bell, which is 43mm.

The Vx-3 3.5-10 seems to have a 40mm objective so medium or even low rings would probably work. But I would just check the diameter of the eye bell.

In order to know for sure, I learned a neat trick to figure this out (after the fact of course!) Put a lump of modeling clay on your receiver and push the scope down until the bolt clears the scope. The thickness of the flattened clay is the height you need for your rings and bases(y). Morris from Alaska Arms taught me that trick!

Good luck

Bases you need are M902/802 (per @PHOENIX PHIL 0.330" hole spacing). I just put a set on a M70 in 416 Rem Mag. I have low rings on mine, but I only have a 1-6x24mm scope on it.

Bases are $25 w/ free shipping if you are a Prime member on Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00505ZWN0/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Screenshot (94).png

Last edited by a moderator:
You have all the info you need supplied by the fine folks here. My 2 cents is; make sure the scope clears the back iron sight if you have it. I use a Zeiss Conquest DL 2-8x42 Warne QD rings and Warne bases.

Thank you @cagk3, you made this easy. I just purchased a safari express .375 and searching for the proper Warne bases was going no where. I certainly love AH but it’s costing me. Booked a trip to Zimbabwe for next year and though it’s plains game I got the bigger bore itch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcbuyerapp

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,