Warm Texas Greetings!

SCUBA Fletch

Reaction score
Member of
NRA (Life), SCI
Hunted
Kudu, Nyala, Blue Wildebeest, Red Hartebeest, Whitetail Deer
New member, just back from my first safari. Trying to understand what goes into a "hunt report" and how to go about getting trophies measured for SCI record book, etc. I purchased a hunt at a Friends of the NRA dinner, and had a great time with Numzaan. Got the animals on our list, plus a few extra as well. We included some pre-hunt time in Zimbabwe, and post-hunt time in Cape Town. Overall amazing trip and we can't wait to return!

Welcome to AH!

Giday SCUBA Fletch and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome to AH and congrats on your successful hunt!

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH SCUBA Fletch!

Check out:

This section of the forum may also be of interest to you:

Hello SCUBA Fletch,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Hello and welcome!

SCUBA Fletch, welcome to the AH forum! It sounds like you had a grand Africa adventure not only hunting, but touring around as well! Can’t wait to read your report.

If you want your animals listed in SCI, you first have to be a member, then find an approved SCI scorer in your area. Once you do that, pay a little more money and send in forms to SCI. If you are just interested in knowing the quality of animals you shoot against a scoring system so you have a reference but not interested in entering them "in the book", whether that is SCI or RW, then Jerome already pointed out an article on how to do that. Both use different methods to get to their scores.

As for a Hunt Report- just get to banging out the story, throw in a few photos and put it in the Hunt Reports Section.

And lastly- Welcome

Welcome to AH SCUBA Fletch!

Check out:
I joined SCI, and from what I can tell on their website, I need to contact one of their measurers they have listed. I’ve called a few, but no response yet. Numzaan did some measurements, and said I qualify for two silver, and one bronze. But I’m sure I have to get the trophies officially measured by someone in SCI once I receive them here. Thanks.

If you want your animals listed in SCI, you first have to be a member, then find an approved SCI scorer in your area. Once you do that, pay a little more money and send in forms to SCI. If you are just interested in knowing the quality of animals you shoot against a scoring system so you have a reference but not interested in entering them "in the book", whether that is SCI or RW, then Jerome already pointed out an article on how to do that. Both use different methods to get to their scores.
As for a Hunt Report- just get to banging out the story, throw in a few photos and put it in the Hunt Reports Section.

And lastly- Welcome
As I replied to another…

I joined SCI, and from what I can tell on their website, I need to contact one of their measurers they have listed. I’ve called a few, but no response yet. Numzaan did some measurements, and said I qualify for two silver, and one bronze. But I’m sure I have to get the trophies officially measured by someone in SCI once I receive them here.

I will get on the report asap… before I forget anything! My hubby just created a Zimbabwe video, of the Victoria Falls adventure. I did a video of our zipline adventure across the gorge… so we’re getting there :).

Thanks.

You’re on the right track. Give the measures a chance to reply. They are all volunteers and have real jobs and families. If you are a SCI member already, you can go on their website, create an account and browse the Record Book. It’s pretty cool to check all the animals and scores. A lot of entries also have pictures with them.

Howdy from NTX

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you