AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, British Columbia, Western US
I am looking for a buff hunt in Zimbabwe that is close to Victoria Falls. My family will be there visiting Chobe and the Falls on June 14th 2022 and I'd like to get down there a few days before they arrive for a hunt. It looks like the Matetsi area would work but I only know of one operator that works in that area. I have reached out to them but I haven't heard back yet so figured I'd post here as well for some additional ideas.

The dates I'm looking at would be June 8th to 13th, 2022. I don't really have much flexibility on the dates so I am hoping it can work out. I also don't necessarily need any other species but I would entertain hyena or a plains game or two if we finish with Buffalo quickly. I'm really just focusing on a good Buffalo hunt that's as close to free range as possible in today's world and I'd love to hunt some place different than what I've already done.

Get in contact with Jacques spamer of JKO outfitters.He may be able to help you out

Try Lin Stanton at Mbalabala Safaris. He is a member here and I think he has an area near Hwange (1 1/2 hrs drive from Vic Falls). Otherwise PM me and I can reach out to some contacts in Vic Falls and get you a contact or 3.

Thanks. I've already reached out to Lin. That's who I'm waiting on hearing back from. I figured he was busy hunting so I'm sure I'll hear back at some point. I had also reached out to JKO about a plains game hunt there quite a while back and have followed up again regarding buff to see if they could help too.

I'm open to other areas as well as long as I can get to Kasane Airport when my family gets there on the 14th. That's why I was thinking Matetsi would be best since it's a decent drive and I could get across the border in time to meet them. Just looking at flights and assuming the current schedules can work for next year's as well, I could fly out of Harare and be on the same airlink flight to Kasane as them, so I think that could open up quite a bit more options?

Harare is pretty much 5 hrs from Save consrvancy, maybe 6 from Bubye conservancy and 4 or so hrs from Zambezi Valley so that opens up the rest of the country,you could try pretty much any outfitter and area in that case. I know Lin has an area in Makuti which is about 4 hrs by car.

If it's that far of a drive, I'd have to add a day to my schedule and maybe hunt from the 7-12 with travel back to Harare on the 13th, then fly to Johannesburg on the 14th to catch that flight to Kasane. I could probably make that work.

Martin Peters operates pretty close to the falls as well, on top of the 2 outfitters already mentioned, I would reach out to him.

@Mike B. For a Zim buffalo hunt, I'd recommend @John Sharp or Dave Langerman (@DaveL ). However, the Bubye Valley Conservancy is a bit of a drive from Vic Falls. It can be done, but given your limited amount of time, probably not ideal. Most people allocate at least 10 days for a buff hunt.

Another option might be to look into a hunt with @ndumo HUNTING SAFARIS in the Caprivi (Zambezi Region) of Namibia. You would be very close to Chobe. Just need to check with Karl Stumpfe about the details on transportation and border crossings.

BTW, you and your family will have a grand time in Chobe and Vic Falls.

I would recommend Guav Johnson from Classic African Hunting. They hunt Kazuma Forest and Matetsi Unit 2 which is around 90 minutes drive from Vic Falls airport. I see Martin Pieters from Unit 5 and Abe from Unit 1 are active on this site so you should have plenty options close to Vic Falls.

Good luck and I hope you have a great hunt.

Thank you everyone for the help. I have reached out to everyone that you have recommended and will see what they can come up with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross