Wanted Winchester 70 Safari Express In .416 Rem Mag

SigNu14

Reaction score
Hi everyone, looking to get my first large cal rifle. Pretty keen on the .416 and have always been a fan of Winchester model 70s.

Feel free to PM me if you have an offer.

Cheers!

Mark R

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Australia/NZ
Hunted
Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Namibia, Zimbabwe, South Africa
Are you US based?

TOBY458

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I saw one on Gunbroker or Gunsinternational recently. They're pretty common. I have one and it's one of the most accurate rifles I own in any caliber.

Nick Gottlob

Reaction score
I've got a 70 Classic Super Express 416 Rem out of the Custom shop with custom wood. Like new & I'd probably sell it

Papadoc

Reaction score
I just posted mine in the classifieds here.

ActionBob

Silver supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
NRA life, DSC, SCI
Hunted
Minnesota, Texas, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, British Columbia, Argentina, Kansas, Macedonia, Austria
I've got a very special one. A Big 5 model buffalo;)

festuscat

Reaction score
I've had one since 2001. Great rifle very accurate and has taken a lot of buffalo. I have mine set up with a Swarovski PV 1.25 x 4 24mm scope with Talley detachable rings.

If I bring one rifle, it's the Mod 70 .416

I tend to pack light and bring rifles & ammo to Africa. 500 NE, .416 & 30.06. I stuff them in a Tuff pack and go.

I have used various bullets in the .416 from Barns X to Swift A Frames and Woodleigh solids.
Friends have used CEB's and they have performed very well.

Note: the reticle on the scope was off center and I decided to contact Swarovski about repair. I like the scope so much I was willing to pay. Customer service told me the scope was warranted -sent to Austria and shipped back to me. The scope is 20 years old. Great customer service.

fourfive8

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Botswana
I've had one since 2001. Great rifle very accurate and has taken a lot of buffalo. I have mine set up with a Swarovski PV 1.25 x 4 24mm scope with Talley detachable rings.

If I bring one rifle, it's the Mod 70 .416

I tend to pack light and bring rifles & ammo to Africa. 500 NE, .416 & 30.06. I stuff them in a Tuff pack and go.

I have used various bullets in the .416 from Barns X to Swift A Frames and Woodleigh solids.
Friends have used CEB's and they have performed very well.

Note: the reticle on the scope was off center and I decided to contact Swarovski about repair. I like the scope so much I was willing to pay. Customer service told me the scope was warranted -sent to Austria and shipped back to me. The scope is 20 years old. Great customer service.
Same sentiments. Matter of fact I hadn't shot in a while because of weather and decided to go to the range this morning. So the one I picked?- a Win70 416 Rem. Hard to beat 'em. I too have taken one as a one gun for both DG and PG- works great.

Papadoc

Reaction score
Just dropped the price on my 416, if you're still looking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pureverags

Latest profile posts

NTH wrote on JimT's profile.
Hey Jim, I read that you’re from Dequincey and just returned from Africa. I’m from Lake Charles and went there in April. What outfitter did you use and would you share your experience and pics? I won our trip to Kuche through DU.
gprippers wrote on SAFARIKIDD's profile.
Hello! Nice rifle! I have IDENTICAL rifle in 375 H&H so i was wondering what gunsmith did the work on it? Appreciate it and if you decide there is anything you are willing to take in partial trade, let me know. I have quite a few pistols, long guns and sxs & o/u shotguns as well.

Let me know if you are looking for anything in particular.

Thanks,
Rob
Bearhunter46 wrote on Philip Glass's profile.
Philip, do you still have the 416 for sale?
NTH wrote on Rick HOlbert's profile.
Nice “meeting” you Rick. I made my first trip to S. Africa this year through Kuche Safaris. We had an incredible time. What outfitter do you use? Neal
LIFE-FORM TAXIDERMY World Leader In Superior Taxidermy Since 1981

taxidermy-south-africa.jpg