WANTED: Wild Lion Hunt

Lmcquin

AH veteran
Reaction score
Hunting reports
Africa
Interested in a 2022 wild lion hunt. Field accommodations in tents etc are fine. I’m looking to see what’s available and options that exist. Appreciate all information as I look to make the trip of a lifetime happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Might check with KNS. @LivingTheDream and I had a great Tanzanian hunt with them. They were very excited about a new lion area that they had recently acquired and scouted not long before our safari. Send me a DM if you'd like contact info.
Bruce

Many thanks for the replies they are much appreciated. I’m looking into them all.

Q. Do most hunt lion by use of bait alone?

ive read all I can on lion hunting and seems most do by bait but some do tracking/stalk a bit.

I know Len was successful tracking lion in Dande when he was with CMS. However most are shot over bait in that area.

Check with @Jamy Traut Hunting Safaris about their Kalahari area in Namibia. I believe tracking is a good option there, but tags vary year to year.
I’m not sure your African experience or financial position, but this is one of the few trips I would consider trip of a lifetime/once a lifetime. 2022 is rushing it if you are just starting now. I see lion specials available each year towards end of season, but many prime hunts are going to be reserved already. You should consider 2023 or 2024 and really do this right.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lmcquin, thank you for your inquiry.
I hunt in south west Tanzania, a region well known for its Lion populations.
We can certainly help you achieve your dream, please feel free to email me for more information. info@spearsafaris.com.
Attached is a Photo of A Lion I had on bait this season, and is still out there somewhere. Id love to go pursue him, or any of the many other Old lions around in 2022
DSCF0086.JPG

Many thanks for the replies they are much appreciated. I’m looking into them all.

ive read all I can on lion hunting and seems most do by bait but some do tracking/stalk a bit.

Baiting mostly so that you can be sure it is a mature lion.

Lmcquin, thank you for your inquiry.
I hunt in south west Tanzania, a region well known for its Lion populations.
We can certainly help you achieve your dream, please feel free to email me for more information. info@spearsafaris.com.
Attached is a Photo of A Lion I had on bait this season, and is still out there somewhere. Id love to go pursue him, or any of the many other Old lions around in 2022
View attachment 431025

How much does a lion like that weigh?

MATETSI UNIT ONE ZIMBABWE is undoubtedly one of the best WILD LION hunting areas remaining in Africa. Some beautiful trophies taken here over the years. We would be happy to quote you!

Jacques @JKO HUNTING SAFARIS hunts in Cameroon and a tracking lion hunt can be done there. The lions there don't have as big a mane as you get in other countries, but it is a tracking hunt.

I would actually wait a year or so and see what happens in Botswana.....I am convinced that lion hunting will open there soon.

The epitome of lion hunting, no baiting just tracking and they produced the biggest bodied and biggest maned lions ever....patience....

Same as elephant....

Zambia is the answer, and Luangwa is the place ! Also wester part of Zambia "Busanga" have some massive lions... Good luck with you planning and f we can assist please PM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg