Wanted To Trade Powder For Primers

Sounds like we need an AH swap meet!
That's a heck of an idea. I presume the meets would be regional. But like most of the folks here, I have an overabundance of some things (powder) and an underabundance of other things (bullets in .416), but I'm not about to attempt to ship powder or primers with the costs involved.

I have 7 1/2+ lbs of IMR 4831 powder in a 8 lb jug.

Will trade for a 10 day safari in the Eastern Cape area or a Yukon moose hunt.

20210603_160631.jpg

That's a heck of an idea. I presume the meets would be regional. But like most of the folks here, I have an overabundance of some things (powder) and an underabundance of other things (bullets in .416), but I'm not about to attempt to ship powder or primers with the costs involved.

Maybe we could do something in Dallas for those driving?

I have been able to get powder, at regular price, through patience and persistent browsing of the suppliers I use. The last batch, and probably the last for awhile, was 3-8# kegs of WW760 direct from Hodgdon. They were slightly higher than the others by $10-15/keg, but had it available. And their shipping is a flat rate and standard hazmat. Worked out to about $33/lb.
Primers are in that same bucket of gold at the end of the rainbow. By putting the word out, I have managed to trade some SR primers that I have a bunch of, for some LRM that I was down to a couple k of.
I am seeing ammo on the shelves again, albeit usually the less common variety. But 3 months ago, there was nothing. Remington is now listing components again on their website (don't know availability). Prices aren't bad considering the current prices of raw commodities like copper and lead.
Trading amongst ourselves in the shooting community, should enable us to weather this drought until the market stabilizes. And like someone else mentioned, when things like primers become available again for reasonable prices, remember to refill the storage magazine.

I think I’ve got some spare .416 bullets.... and I’m just up the road in DFW...

Let me check my stash and I’ll shoot you a PM

@WAB, you have a PM.

Reactions: WAB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123winmarketing

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross