tap

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
im currently going to book a coutada 10 buffalo hunt in mozambique next year unless someone wants to make me a better offer in south africa for this year.

i am traveling to south africa in late july of this year for my honey moon. if i can find a buffalo that is over 40" with hard boss's and lots of mass for $10,000 or less then i will book it.

the conditions are as follows. i dont trust many safari outfitters. many outfitters ive dealt with are not hunters and are mainly business men. ive seen nearly ever scheme imaginable in africa and because of this i hunt with ian van der vyver only. he is a licensed dg ph in south africa and he will be paid to be the ph on this hunt. i will pay him out of my own pocket and he will be the contact person to line up the hunt.

all pictures of huntable buffalo must be sent to me. if i like the buffalo i will come hunt it. if i dont see the buffalo i was sold during said hunt that i agreed to hunt then the only thing you will be paid for is the cost of your lodging to be agreed to in advance.

if anyone is interested in this offer simply let me know by PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Best of luck tap, I miss seeing your posts.

Reactions: BWH
Yes you can..... depending upon your "standards", you will get more Bull & Experience for your $10k. Many will be happy to take your 10G & turn you loose in a 20 acre pasture.... others will give you something much more valuable & authentic.

Well no one can fault you for not being direct and specific. Hope you get what you want and good luck, have a great honeymoon as well!

no doubt i am absolutely direct. business is business. it doesnt hurt to ask. it all depends if someone wants to turn loose of a buffalo or not. there are plenty of buffalo to be had and its not like i cant go to mozambique and hunt coutada 10 or 11 for 12 grand plus a charter flight. it would be a much better experience than a south african buffalo no dount but i would love for my wife to come along for a buffalo hunt. i am only direct because i really dont know the outfitters on here that well and i cant see the point in skirting around what i really want.

how have you been enysse? i havent been on here much. i havent been to africa havent since i shot that giant leopard in 2014. ive wanted to come back to africa but since i met my current wife i just havent been the same. my desire to hunt isn't as great as it once was and now all i want to do is spend every last moment with my wife.

i just planned our honey moon and decided to travel to venice and spend 3 weeks. while we were there i decided we might as well visit paris and london as well. then i figured food tasting in the same town for more than 4 days at a time might wear on us so i decided to schedule a flight down to south africa as well. i plan on taking her to cape town for a bit and then to the limpopo for a plains game hunt and photo safari then go back to europe for a bit.

anyways i am very excited to show my wife the real me and emerse her into my true passions for a brief while so she can see a side of me shes never seen.

how have u been my friend?

Ok tap, I'm so happy you found someone to spend your time and adventures with. I know you are very busy. I'm working a lot of hours, but heading up to the Limpopo to try to get closer to my goal of having hunting all of the available species within reason in RSA. Having been divorced and gone through some rough years, I hope to settle down to a different life too, even if it means less hunting.

I still enjoy kudu hunting and might shoot another this summer.

Congrats on your wedding Tap. I recently got married too. We went to South Africa on safari and it ended up being more than just an introduction to hunting for my wife, we discovered a shared passion. Now we try to integrate hunting into each of our vacations- NZ is up next!

Good luck with finding someplace to hunt- I think RSA is one of the best places to start someone hunting. You get all the luxury of a resort vacation while spending your time immersed in nature, really interacting with the wildlife.

I would recommend @Limcroma Safaris- I don't know if they can accommodate your specific requests for your personal PH or your price range, but they do specialize in couples safaris and their hospitality is exceptional. We enjoyed every second of our stay with them.

Hi Tap. Good to see a post from you again. Missed seeing you. I'm very pleased to hear of your upcoming nuptials. My congratulations on that. I know your divorce was difficult. Sometimes crap happens for a reason........Sounds like an exceptional honeymoon that you have planned. I hope it goes better than expected. Best of luck! Bruce

Hi There Tap please send me your Email so we can Talk , sorry my Name is Andri Fox sole owner of Andri Fox Safaris

....all pictures of huntable buffalo must be sent to me. if i like the buffalo i will come hunt it. if i dont see the buffalo i was sold during said hunt that i agreed to hunt then .....

I don't know you but I for one would not take you up on this offer.

The way I read this sounds like a shopping request and not a hunt. The quest to put a 40 inch buffalo on the wall, that is all. Pictures of the buffalo that are huntable? Are you kidding or being serious? Have you requested the same from the Coutada 10 concession holder/outfitter in Moz?

You do not want to hunt a buffalo, you just want to shoot one.

You can order a moulded copy of the Current World record buffalo bull picked up in Manyara from a taxidermist in SA. Save you a lot of money and give you more time for the honeymoon.

Probably better to shoot your buff out of a pre measured and guaranteed foto album and leave the coutada buff for a real hunter.

Perhaps this does not come across very politely from my side, but that is the way I see this or maybe I am just too old fashioned in my hunting ways.

I unfortunately cannot wish you luck in your "quest" for a 40 inch buffalo.

The way I read this sounds like a shopping request and not a hunt. The quest to put a 40 inch buffalo on the wall, that is all. Pictures of the buffalo that are huntable? Are you kidding or being serious? Have you requested the same from the Coutada 10 concession holder/outfitter in Moz?

You can order a moulded copy of the Current World record buffalo bull picked up in Manyara from a taxidermist in SA. Save you a lot of money and give you more time for the honeymoon.

Probably better to shoot your buff out of a pre measured and guaranteed foto album and leave the coutada buff for a real hunter.

Perhaps this does not come across very politely from my side, but that is the way I see this or maybe I am just too old fashioned in my hunting ways.

Pretty sure the OP outlined the parameters of a hunt HE may be willing to do and unless I totally missed it, he didn't ask for opinions of what others felt of HIS methods in such request....

@rinehart0050 didn't your wife shoot a sable as her first big game animal? What is next for her in NZ?

@tap I remember reading that thread, you did get a big leopard.

Good luck on your search for a big buff.

Pretty sure the OP outlined the parameters of a hunt HE may be willing to do and unless I totally missed it, he didn't ask for opinions of what others felt of HIS methods in such request....

i think basically @lvW is saying this sounds too much like a shopping list (below) for the type of buff and wanting photos ...well you aint going to get that provided by anyone outside of SA

"all pictures of huntable buffalo must be sent to me. if i like the buffalo i will come hunt it. if i dont see the buffalo i was sold during said hunt that i agreed to hunt then the only thing you will be paid for is the cost of your lodging to be agreed to in advance."

That just reminds me, during one of my hunts, a guy in camp wanted a sable +40 inches, he was shown a picture of one that was 44 inches.

A deal was struck, and yes, you bet, he shot his big sable.

To those who may not know Tap..... well he has a specific horn configuration that he likes, if my memory serves me correctly. He doesn't want to waste his time and money if the type of buff he will shoot is not in the area. It may come across as shopping and not hunting, but I can assure you that Tap knows how to hunt and I bet he doesn't want it in a small pen.
He has some trust issues with outfitters he hasn't hunted with and this is how he chose to approach it. I say to each his own. He has specified RSA only where this may be possible.... In some cases its possible I would say. Like you say Spike, not gonna happen in Zambia Moz or Zim. Bruce

Well said Sir don't think he understands the meaning of "ethical hunt".

Tony, glad you are taking your new bride on to the African continent for a short tour.
I remember her first tour of the SCI convention and she looked at little shell shocked.

Good luck with your request my friend.

It's always fun to see the love your "direct" posts evoke. :ROFLMAO:

Well said Sir don't think he understands the meaning of "ethical hunt".

have to disagree with you there as tony has done some pretty good hunts, including one of the last ele hunts in botswana that he did a not too bad write up on. but yeah he can come across as a bit confrontational in his writings.......

I must say the first thing I thought after reading the OP was similar to what many have commented on. My second thought was that it is really non of my business....

Third thought was wow, no wonder this guy is wary!

In any case @tap , good luck on your search, I'm betting you will find what you are asking for. Hope your new bride buys into your adventures in a big way;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadSimpso

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg