Wanted Sauer 404 Right Hand Bolt Head For 404 Jeffery

Globalstar66

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Canada
Hello everyone

I'm desperately looking for a Sauer 404 right hand BOLT HEAD for a 404 JEFFERY, as well as a 404 Jeffery magazine for a Sauer 404.

I cannot find one anywhere, and Sauer don't make them anymore.

If you have one, or know where I can find one, please let me know.

Thanks

Robbie

I eventually figured out how to get it done... I trimmed the rims of the brass down just a tad on my lathe, so the Magnum bolt head now extracts the brass with no hassles. And I got a GREAT gunshop in Bulgaria to get Sauer to build them a magazine, which took 5 months but I got it 2 weeks ago. Blaser USA were not in the least bit interested in helping me.... Go figure.

And some GOOD NEWS for me, at last!!! I found a store in Houston, TX that still have 404 Jeffery barrels AND 404 Jeffery Bolt Heads in stock!!! WhooHoo, so I ordered the correct bolt head now. Pity Blaser USA had such a no-care attitude.

I was going to tell you to talk to Gordy & Sons but I am sure you spoke to them since you found Sauer 404 Jeffrey Bolt head.

I was going to tell you to talk to Gordy & Sons but I am sure you spoke to them since you found Sauer 404 Jeffrey Bolt head.
That's where I got it from this week - after calling and emailing over 100 stores in Canada, USA, Germany, France, Bulgaria and the UK.... LOL. If only I knew of them a year ago, I would have saved myself a LOT of effort. And doing Google searches, they previously never came up. But this week when searching once more they did come up.

Dustin with Gordy & Sons can help you with any Sauer product in fact they can get most anything you need if it still exists. Best rifle store in the USA !!!

I
Dustin with Gordy & Sons can help you with any Sauer product in fact they can get most anything you need if it still exists. Best rifle store in the USA !!!
I had even contacted the factory in February, and they told me as a one-off, they would make me a new 404 Jeffery bolt head, and they then got a guy at Blaser USA to call me. He bluntly told me they could not make it, as it was discontinued years ago. I told him what the factory had said, and he didn't believe me. I then got the factory to email him, and then he called me again in April and said they didn't want to go through the effort of importing it. When I eventually found a German store that were willing to export it to me, the factory "turned around" their decision and said now they could not make it any longer, even though they made me a once-off magazine just 2 months ago. Such a terrible company (L&O) to deal with - and this after I own 4 Blaser R8 rifles and 2 Sauer 404's.... Great firearms, crappy manufacturer to deal with. I'm SO glad I stumbled onto Gordy & Sons accidentally.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eye4aneye

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!