Wanted Sako 85 Grizzly 9.3x62

matthew anderson

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
101st Airborne Division Association, 506th Airborne Infantry Regiment Association, HSC, GOA,NRA
Hello Folks. I'm looking for a Sako 85 Grizzly in 9.3x62 if anyone has one they're looking to part with. I'm also open to other rifles in 9.3x62 also but only interested in safari styled rifles, barrel band sling swivel etc. Doesn't need to be a perfect condition, I don't mind bumps or bruises.

Thanks. -Matt

Still looking if you guys have any leads.

I have a NIB SAKO 85 but i thought it was called a "brown bear" ??? Hell i have taken it out of the box once and cant remember what it even looks like! LOL! Its in 338 win mag. I have a couple 9.3x62s with one having beautiful wood and the other is apart of a three rifle set that are all identical on model 70 actions with Mcmillen stocks. Ill look at the one with the beautiful wood on it as i havent even looked at it in a couple years but i think it just has super grade type swivels and not barrel banded??? Ill look at that stuff in next day to two and try to get back to you on what i might have and let go of.

I have a NIB SAKO 85 but i thought it was called a "brown bear" ??? Hell i have taken it out of the box once and cant remember what it even looks like! LOL! Its in 338 win mag. I have a couple 9.3x62s with one having beautiful wood and the other is apart of a three rifle set that are all identical on model 70 actions with Mcmillen stocks. Ill look at the one with the beautiful wood on it as i havent even looked at it in a couple years but i think it just has super grade type swivels and not barrel banded??? Ill look at that stuff in next day to two and try to get back to you on what i might have and let go of.
sounds great, thanks!

Still on the hunt. Shoot me a message if you have something. Thanks.

JD Outfitters in OK probably has the best supply of Sako rifles. You may want to give them a call and see what they have that might not be listed on the web. Or leave your info with them in case they run across something you want.

JD Outfitters in OK probably has the best supply of Sako rifles. You may want to give them a call and see what they have that might not be listed on the web.
Thanks. I have spoken with him, unfortunately he doesn't have what I'm looking for.

If you run across a 9.3x66 let me know, I have been hunting for one for years now!
There is a surprising amount of 370 Sako ammo for sale on Gunbroker. A couple rifles for sale as well if you consult Mr. Google. Don’t know if the site is legit or not though.

Hi Mathew,
I have a Sako Black Bear in 9.3X62. Its an awesome light weight safari rifle. Check out the specs on Sako's web site. Only test fired the rifle so it has only 10 rounds through it other wise its brand new. Let me know if your interested. I am going out of town tomorrow so I may not be able to get back to you until Monday next week.

Hi Mathew,
I have a Sako Black Bear in 9.3X62. Its an awesome light weight safari rifle. Check out the specs on Sako's web site. Only test fired the rifle so it has only 10 rounds through it other wise its brand new. Let me know if your interested. I am going out of town tomorrow so I may not be able to get back to you until Monday next week.
Thats the synthetic stock, correct?

South Florida.
FYI I have been on this web site over 10 years just had to get a new password last year.
mid your interested the price is $2,000 plus shipping. I have some once fired brass I'll throw in.

I did, finally, end up finding a Sako Grizzly in 9.3x66 (370 Sako Mag). I promptly purchased it, will send photos once I have it
I reckon this is a great cartridge! I nearly bought a Sako chambered in this cartridge a couple of years ago, it's just the availability of brass that put me off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg