Member of
Lifetime NRA member, Lifetime SCI Member
All, I’m in search of an original Ruger m77 recoil pad “red in color.”

Let me know if you have one!
Thanks!

Like the one on my Hawkeye stock here?

20210123_144255_copy_1612x763.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I took one off a couple of years ago. Think I still have it. Will look. You want the original looks, I gather. The original function of said recoil pad could be easily reproduced by machining one from a piece of tungsten carbide. I will look over the next 24 hours for said pad and get back to you............FWB

Like the one on my Hawkeye stock here?

View attachment 391154
Yes. Exactly like that, however this is not a Hawkeye but a 1970s m77. If it’s the same pad then fantastic!
I took one off a couple of years ago. Think I still have it. Will look. You want the original looks, I gather. The original function of said recoil pad could be easily reproduced by machining one from a piece of tungsten carbide. I will look over the next 24 hours for said pad and get back to you............FWB
Thanks @flatwater bill Just let me know!

Yes. Exactly like that, however this is not a Hawkeye but a 1970s m77. If it’s the same pad then fantastic!

Thanks @flatwater bill Just let me know!
Let's see what Bill comes up with before I take mine off. He is right though, that's more of a bumper than a recoil pad lol

By the way, Hogue makes replacement recoil pads that are red.

I only found brown and black on their website.

Andrew.............after a very diligent search, I found said "recoil" pad. Sorry to say memory failed me, and it
IMG_9685.jpg
is a Ruger black pad...........sorry............FWB

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KristineGr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg