Wanted Rigby 416

hows he havent seen him since alistairs funeral last year? seems like there is some nice stuff coming out of there this year

He's fine and in good spirits. About to become a father very soon so he's excited!!! Had a great time with him.

pacific, that is maybe the most beautiful rifle I have ever laid eyes on! Absolutely stunning. And you are putting it to good use, well done.

pacific, that is maybe the most beautiful rifle I have ever laid eyes on! Absolutely stunning. And you are putting it to good use, well done.

@sestoppelman thank you for your kind words. It was my dream since I first fired a 416 rigby to build and own a rigby to my own specifications. My plan is to hunt with it as much as possible and to hunt as many animals as I can with it. Every step I take with it over my shoulder in the bush gives me a sense of satisfaction and priveledge that only I can explain. The confidence I feel moments before I squeeze off the trigger is higher than the level of confidence I get when shooting any other rifle that i own.
It's a true privilege for me to own and hunt with it and keeping it in the gun safe is not gonna do the rifle any justice in my opinion

It's a true privilege for me to own and hunt with it and keeping it in the gun safe is not gonna do the rifle any justice in my opinion

thats very true they are built to be used . i presume it came in through faizel? i was away when you said it arrived or i am sure i would have seen it on one of my very rare visits to his shop.....:whistle: :E Big Grin:

thats very true they are built to be used . i presume it came in through faizel? i was away when you said it arrived or i am sure i would have seen it on one of my very rare visits to his shop.....:whistle: :E Big Grin:

Yes Faizel was responsible for the importation of the rifle. He is a good man who knew what that rifle meant to me and made sure that it was looked after once it entered Zambia.

You must give us a shout when you are in Lusaka and pop over to have a look at it. You are more than welcome.

Yes Faizel was responsible for the importation of the rifle. He is a good man who knew what that rifle meant to me and made sure that it was looked after once it entered Zambia.

You must give us a shout when you are in Lusaka and pop over to have a look at it. You are more than welcome.

yup he has brought in a couple of mine and def is willing to find what you want. thanks i will. looking at heading back from takeri on mon or maybe tues . just had a look and still got your cell no on my phone ends 7070 ?

yup he has brought in a couple of mine and def is willing to find what you want. thanks i will. looking at heading back from takeri on mon or maybe tues . just had a look and still got your cell no on my phone ends 7070 ?

Yes spike that's the one.

What a beautiful rifle and excellent trophies! It seems they are willing to put their money where their mouth is. This thread makes me feel pretty good about the little project I have on order with them. ;)

What a beautiful rifle and excellent trophies! It seems they are willing to put their money where their mouth is. This thread makes me feel pretty good about the little project I have on order with them. ;)

Come on mate..spill the beans now!!

Well, a London Best was not in my budget, but I was able to swing a well optioned Big Game. While it won't be as customized as your rifle, I'm still very excited about it. It's been on order for about a month.

What grade is the wood on your rifle, if you don't mind sharing? The stock looks fantastic.

Last edited:
It's not a free lunch. I wouldn't go if I wasn't prepared to spend thousands on lodging in the world's most expensive city and have enough money left over to buy a Rigby if I see there is good value.

I'll definitely meet Marc at SCI in February and have a look at his new wares too.

I'm also going to ask Rigby for their account as to what they consider "legitimate" or "authentic" Rigby as I am interested. The firm has had numerous incarnations from London to greater U.K. to CA, to TX and many outworkers from Arrizabalaga to Merkel to Mauser plus individuals like Ron Wharton and other builders. I'll relay their answer in the future.

rookhawk,

Hotel prices can be all over the board in London. Having said that, in the last six years I have stayed in four London hotels and not spent over $200 per night.(dollars not pounds) Holiday Inn in South Kensington to boutique hotels in South Kensington, Knotting Hill and the West End. The wife was with me twice and perfectly happy.

I was fortunate to go to Rigby's new location in 2014. About a year after they moved back to London. Mike Taylor graciously set things up for me with Marc Newton. Marc is a super guy. There is no assembly line work going on. The gun makers have their own work station, doing their own job. Don't expect a Mayfair showroom like H&H, Anderson Wheeler, Purdey, etc. where you buy your clothes and luggage. Rigby is in more of a light industrial area down by Battersea Park.

I don't claim to be a gun connoisseur, but I can tell what they are making in London is nothing like rifles that were made in Paso Robles.

Take the trip. Lodging shouldn't cost an arm and a leg unless you want it to.

Well, a London Best was not in my budget, but I was able to swing a well optioned Big Game. While it won't be as customized as your rifle, I'm still very excited about it. It's been on order for about a month.

What grade is the wood on your rifle, if you don't mind sharing? The stock looks fantastic.

look forward to the photos when you receive it :D Beers:

I had taken delivery of a 416 from Marc in August that had been on build for the last 24 months. My experience of building a rifle with him and his crew was second to none. The service provided and quality of work by Marc and his staff rivaled my previous experience of having a rifle built by Westley Richards and co of Birmingham. My rifle is completely bespoke as can be seen from the various pictures I have attached and has been severely tested in the heat of Africa over the last two months. I have already shot a lion, 3 buffalo and numerous plains and dangerous game with it. It performed flawlessly to say the least. Have a look at the work they did on my rifle and you can make your mind up as to whether they are the 'real' JR and Co or not.

View attachment 163800 View attachment 163801 View attachment 163802 View attachment 163803 View attachment 163804 View attachment 163805 View attachment 163806 View attachment 163807 View attachment 163808

pacific,

Beautiful rifle and great looking animals. Thanks for posting the photos.

Thanks for the nice comments guys. @CDorroh congratulations on ordering a big game Rigby. Which caliber is it in? They are fantastic rifles and truly worth the money. The smoothness of that action is something else! When do you expect delivery?

@rookhawk when are you going to London then?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leonslab

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.