WANTED: Pulling The Trigger Next Year

You should be able to fit in everything on your list in a 10 day hunt, there are a number of outfitters here that can help you. The brown hyena isn't importable into the US, so you might want to consider one of the night animals like a honey badger, civiet, etc instead of the brown hyena. Feel free to send me a PM if you need some help on the planning process.

We can do all species (except the bush pig) in one place.
No need to leave the hunting area.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

For the past couple years I have been debating who to go with and what to hunt and had settled for zebra, impala, warthog, blesbok and blue wildebeest. Typical safari eh? Well the more I think about it I figure I might as well not stop at 5 animals. Now I’m planning for zebra, impala, blesbok, blue Wildebeest, black wildebeest, kudu, gemsbok, bush pig and brown hyena. Now I know my chances of getting all of those on one safari are very low, but I’d like to try. Any outfitter like to chime in on if this is possible?
I highly recommend both @TSALA HUNTING SAFARIS and @GAME 4 AFRICA SAFARIS. Great outfitters, great experience and great opportunities for PG you want

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice list of animals , very doable but as stated above Brown Hyena is not Importable to the USA. Feel free to ask any questions you may have would love to help you out.

Thanks everyone for all the help. I have decided to go with KMG safaris for 2022
You will have a great time with KMG!

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to AH. All of your specie list can be facilitated at one safari area except for the Bushpig (and then the Brown Hyena US import restriction). However, there are alternative options available to achieve your goals (excl Brown Hyena) and I would like to suggest that you email me to tailor a safari proposal finding the best fit to meet meeting your requirements. Best of luck

I have taken 14 safaris and I have yet to even see a bush pig. Granted, it was not a focus, and to get one you normally have to focus on them, but I would not get my hopes up on bumping into one!

I have taken 14 safaris and I have yet to even see a bush pig. Granted, it was not a focus, and to get one you normally have to focus on them, but I would not get my hopes up on bumping into one!
in the right areas, its almost a certainty to get one
we have them on bait often and use a nice "night hunting" setup

took a 5/6 this past season

Forget about 'bumping" into one. They are nocturnal and can either be hunted over bait or over hounds.

Blue Wildebeest, Oryx, Waterbuck, Kudu, Eland, Red Hartebeest, Blesbok, Zebra, Nyala and Sable.
@BeeMaa
He asked WHO you hunted with NOT what you hunted.
Me thinks you may have been having some of those nice scotches when you read the reply
Ha ha ha ha ha
Bob

@BeeMaa
He asked WHO you hunted with NOT what you hunted.
Me thinks you may have been having some of those nice scotches when you read the reply
Ha ha ha ha ha
Bob
LOL. I was looking at it on my phone (much smaller screen) at work and misread it. It's my busy season but no excuses for that kind of error.

Where have your safaris been? Bumping into bushpigs in daylight in wild areas isn’t uncommon. South Africa they appear more exclusively nocturnal than elsewhere, but I still got one spot and stalk at last light in Karoo in 2020. I’ve taken 3, 2 in South Africa, 1 in Caprivi, and have had missed opportunities in Zimbabwe and Zambia.

Forget about 'bumping" into one. They are nocturnal and can either be hunted over bait or over hounds.
In South Africa yes. I saw a group at mid day in Mozambique and a couple weeks ago in Tanzania. Two other members who were in Tanzania with me actually took nice bush pigs during the day, spot and stalk.

I think they are just really hunted hard in South Africa and so went Nocturnal. Isn't chasing them with dogs a favorite weekend activity in RSA? vs. Being hardly hunted in other places and out during the day just like wart hogs.

Isn't chasing them with dogs a favorite weekend activity in RSA? vs. Being hardly hunted in other places and out during the day just like wart hogs.
You are correct on the areas, but no, its not a " favorite weekend activity." Its more an exception.
Also more used to sort out problem animals for farmers with maize etc.

On all of my safaris i have only seen 2 bush pigs in zimbabwe. They seem to be a tough one to find. I would have loved one but you need to invest some time for then. With regards to the hyena, as everyone has already mentioned if your in the us its a no go. Plus the trophy fee is usually high. I assume this is your first safari? Its a very doable list depending on the number of days. I think others would agree kudu you need some time with. You can spot them and a second later they are gone. Thats why they are called the grey ghost. Be open to taking other animals if possible. Do some night hunting for smaller cats. Africa has a way of showing you animals you didn’t want first lol. Anyway you look at it you are going on safari. Whatever you accomplish will be amazing. If you dont get one its all the more reason to go back. Enjoy yourself

Where have your safaris been? Bumping into bushpigs in daylight in wild areas isn’t uncommon. South Africa they appear more exclusively nocturnal than elsewhere, but I still got one spot and stalk at last light in Karoo in 2020. I’ve taken 3, 2 in South Africa, 1 in Caprivi, and have had missed opportunities in Zimbabwe and Zambia.

5 trips to South Africa, 5 to Zimbabwe, 1 to Namibia, 3 to Cameroon. In SA I have been to Karoo, Lim Po Po, Natal, Kwa Zulu Natal, cannot recall the other place. I will admit I’ve never made bush pig a priority, but every time I’ve asked in the areas I’ve hunted I was told they did not have any/many. I’m going to the Eastern Cape next year, I’ll check to see if they have them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenusPined

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross