Wanted Pre 64 Model 70--308

bobdahunter84

AH senior member
Reaction score
I'm interested in a pre 64 model 70 chambered in 308. I'd prefer a featherweight but would consider a standard weight. Not interested in anything reblued or refinished. Looking for something original and not beat to hell.

I’ve got an -06 featherweight if that’s of interest…

Appreciate the response. I'm trying to fill a void in the model 70 collection. Ive got 6 other calibers, including a 30-06. Need a 308 though. Although on my bucket list is a 30-06 super grade if someone wants to part with one of those for the right price...

Pre 64 model 70s in .308 only came in a featherweight version, unless they were special ordered. I have two .308 featherweights from I believe the first year of their production and a 30-06 super grade that may be for sale. Someone did add a red pachmayr pad to the Super grade. Some of the first production.308 featherweights still had a solid bolt handle and will have an aluminum butt plate, later ones had the bolt handle with a hole in it and a plastic butt plate. They were available in low comb and high comb stocks.

Thanks for the info. That info generally aligns with my robert rules book.

Quite the collection of guns! What are you thinking on price and do you have any pics?

I always am looking for a pre 64 .300wm in good condition
best of luck with the quest

Yeah that's tough given it wasn't created until 1963. I've seen them but not many.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ara6336349

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you