Wanted Old Big Bore Brass For My Son Cartridge Display

Bauer

AH member
Reaction score
  • I move this over from introductions at the request of the moderator. It will probably get a better response here.
Thank you for all the responses. Shows that you guys are interested in helping the new guys out I was wondering if you guys could help me out a little bit. I know I’m new and everything, but, I am working on a project with my son, kind of a cool father son/work project. We are building a cartridge display and wanted to add a big bore section. This is part of his Boy Scout requirements/badges I am trying to keep him interested in this sort of thing. I am looking for any old brass you have that you were going to toss. If you could stick a bullet into i I am trying to keep him interested in this sort of thing. I am looking for any old brass you have that you were going to toss. If you could Seat a bullet into it that would be great. I think this will keep him interested in fire arms for a while. I might even get a new hunting partner out of it. Obviously I will pay for shipping. If you guys could help out that would be awesome.

Scott CWO

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
SCI, WSF, RMEF, GSCO, and NRA
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique x3, Tanzania and CAR. Tajikistan, Canada, Mexico, AK, WY, NM, SD, CO, UT, AZ, NV
Let me know if you need .458 Lott.

MRogersII

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
I have been working on a similar project for several years and have a good many doubles. Send me a PM with a list of what you DO HAVE and I will put you a package together. Send me your address as well.

Michael

20200212_211405.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ridgewalker

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
South Africa: Limpopo, Northwest; USA: Ak, Mt, Wy, Co, Ne, Ks, Nv, NM, Tx
Yep, one awesome group of guys here!
Here‘s hoping this project helps keep your son with you for many years in the outdoors!

flatwater bill

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA endowment member/Life member
Hunted
NAMIBIA, RSA, KYRYG, KAZAKSTAN, MOZAMBIQUE,MEXICO, BOLIVIA, PERU, BRAZIL, ARGENTINA, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRALIA, SPAIN,
I had a similar project as a child. I found the need to tighten the scope of the project a little to: cartridges used by the buffalo hunters in North America. May still have extras of these if interested..............FWB

tarbe

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life, Handloaders Anonymous
Hunted
USA, South Africa, Zimbabwe
I had a similar project as a child. I found the need to tighten the scope of the project a little to: cartridges used by the buffalo hunters in North America. May still have extras of these if interested..............FWB

W:

I could add a dummy paper-patched 45-70 to the stuff I am sending,

buckmarkhunter

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I have a 416 Barrett I can send, It has a solid brass bullet. Barrett made this round once California banned anything 50 Cal. It’s a 50 bmg that is necked down to 416. Pm me if you want it.

Bauer

AH member
Reaction score
I want to thank Wyatt Smith. Your package arrived. I appreciate The help. This will definitely get us going in the big bore section of our collection. My son was very excited to receive them. I will put up a picture of the display up when we are nearing completion to To show you guys the help we have gotten. Thank you again I appreciate it.

CBH Australia

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Sporting Shooters Association Australia, Africa Hunting website!!!
Hunted
Australia and now South Africa
I have a .458wm but I'm in Australia a .300wm. Mmm , you might even get an Aussie with a .303 or their wildcat variants. Not big bore but probably more common in Australia than the US

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Just came from a hunt and already longing for the bush
JPmbogo wrote on yhc's profile.
I have factory loaded Hornady 450 NE 3 1/4 DGS that I am selling for not much more than the brass itself at $75/box - see my listing for same.
Justbryan wrote on Rafter JK's profile.
Get Crazy Larry yet? Wishing I had shot Alpine Ibex too!
laurence burkin wrote on UKHunter's profile.
Hi the dude in the picture. It would be cool to know the area (genetics) of the stag you have in your profile picture. I am from New Zealand and shot a stag here that is almost identical, especially the throw backs. I can send you a photo to prove I'm genuine with my enquiry.