WANTED: Nyala Hunting Information

clint21

AH senior member
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Hunting reports
Africa
Hello,

I would like to be pointed in the right direction for a Nyala hunt. I know in SA the option of free range is not that available as other parts of Africa so i am open to a high fenced hunt. But the area has to be a large place and a hard good hunt with more than one water point.
And will be a rifle hunt looking at 2018

Is it true that the Natal area holds some of the best Nyala?
Also on this hunt i would like to hunt Bushbuck, bushpig, common reedbuck, baboon, impala, honey badger and a few others if time is available.
Would like to have ten days hunting and maybe a group of four hunters coming. they will be chasing similar animals.

Please fire away with your recommendations on a quality outfitter or get in direct contact with me by PM.

Cheers

hi there

send me a mail with all requirements please, stuart@tallyho.co.za
i have over 5000ha, 13500acres, with many water points etc
we take good nyala each year, i have a great area nearby for bushbuck along the river and i can certainly help with most other species you are after
we also have great buffalo, sable, roan etc
i prefer groups actually and this hunt is exactly what i do, i do groups of up to 6-8 hunters numerous times every year

Clint go and have a look at our website, if you are interested drop me a mail with more details so i can send you some info.

Trevor Lake Safari does free range hunts in the Natal.

I can set you up with Game 4 Africa Safaris.

I agree with Brickburn, go to the Natal... I've been, and the numbers and quality were just staggering in my eyes. We saw literally hundreds of nyala bulls before even setting up the sticks. I hunted ten days in Natal. I found it the right amount of time to pursue and take a really great Nyala, decent Kudu, Impala (2) and a bush Duiker. The kudu was far from a gimme, and happened on the last day. There are better places for Kudu no doubt. I am by no means an expert, but the area and the hunt lived up to every expectation and hope that I had going in as far as Nyala. We glassed many, many bulls before finding one that really struck my fancy. I wanted to pass up bulls, looking for the fantastic, and that's what we did for 4 days. Keep in mind that I was ok going home without a head if we didn't see what I was looking for (tall, wide bell, nice tip flares). We saw 2 other different bulls of the same caliber in that 4 days and literally hundreds of up and comer's. Brick knows much better than I, but Natal is the place man...

I agree with Brickburn, go to the Natal... I've been, and the numbers and quality were just staggering in my eyes. ......................

Proof in the pudding. An assortment of Natal Nyala.
(29.5 on down to 25.5, if that matters.)

My favourite is the one with Danny Glover. 28.5 taken at 9 yards after crawling for two hundred yards through the grass. Danny thought I was insane and then he accepted it and started chuckling. He had never seen a hunter crawling through the grass.
DSC02866.jpg
IMG_3929.jpg
P1000270.jpg
IMG_1314.jpg
IMG_1320.jpg
IMG_3897.jpg
IMG_3928.jpg

I am by no means an expert, but the area and the hunt lived up to every expectation and hope that I had going in as far as Nyala. ........... Brick knows much better than I, but Natal is the place man...

You know just as well as I do. Your experience speaks volumes. Spotting Nyala in those hills is an absolute blast.

Wow, that's an awesome bull BC!

My favourite is the one with Danny Glover. 28.5 taken at 9 yards after crawling for two hundred yards through the grass. Danny thought I was insane and then he accepted it and started chuckling. He had never seen a hunter crawling through the grass.
View attachment 161493 View attachment 161494 View attachment 161495 View attachment 161496 View attachment 161497 View attachment 161498 View attachment 161499

You know just as well as I do. Your experience speaks volumes. Spotting Nyala in those hills is an absolute blast.

Thanks Brickburn.
Id like more info on which outfitter if possible.
Regards clint

My first iNyala.
Can you tell I like iNyala hunting?
IMG_3579.jpg

View attachment 161493 View attachment 161494 View attachment 161495 View attachment 161496 View attachment 161497 View attachment 161498 View attachment 161499

What beautiful animals. Now thats what i'm looking for in a nyala.

Trevor Lake Safari does free range hunts in the Natal.

I can set you up with Game 4 Africa Safaris.

Game4Africa in the eastern cape has large properties and lots of Nyala at a very good price. My daughter and I realy enjoyed our hunt there in May.
thumb_IMG_1772_1024.jpg
thumb_IMG_1923_1024.jpg

I agree Natal has beautiful Nyala I took the one in my avatar in Natal . Not as big as others on this thread but an incredible hunt, beautiful scenery and a very special trophy. Best of luck to you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg