WANTED: Mountain Lion Hunt

I saw that picture on their website. That is a big fine cat!. Congrats.

One more pic of the Arizona lion
IMG950239.jpg

That's a fantastic cat.

Great cat Charles

Thanks @markferrigno ! Jerome beat me to the link of my hunt report. Feel free to pm me if you want to after reading.

The hunt was booked with Trophy Ridge Outfitters of Luna, NM. Roger and Audrey McQueen run the outfit. Her brother Dalon Hulsey is the lion man. He has first class dogs, good horses and intimate knowledge of the prey. He is licensed in Arizona as well and will tell you which license to get. He is scouting all the time. They seldom have snow where he is but he claims that's not important. His hunts are six days. They evidently have plenty of lions as my license was good for two. For what it's worth, I used a Rossi made Winchester 92 copy in 44 mag. His wife did the cooking and it was excellent. I had my wife and travel trailer so stayed in it but he has accommodations at his house. It's rough horse riding, but not dangerous. Up and down with lots of rock. I'm an experienced rider so got along fine and i'm 73 years old. If you have a pair of chaps, take them. Weather was 25 degrees in the morning and around 45-50 by afternoon. Dogs all have GPS collars so he knows where they are at any time. My personal e-mail is schlap@yourstarnet.net if need more. I see you are from Rapid City. I live 100 miles east of Sioux Falls right on Interstate 90. I also see you have been to Africa. We were there a year ago last September and had a great time. All plains game. Want to go back for something dangerous next. Probably buffalo.
Paul

Bad luck dude. I went with the same outfitter, Smokey Canyon Outfitters booked through Mat Cervantes at Outdoors International and I will never go back and hunt with them again or book through Outdoors International. Timing is great to tell your fellow hunters, all SCI chapter banquets as well as SCI are around the corner. Hunters need to warn their fellow hunters of fakes and problem outfitters. Good luck finding a good lion hunt in your future.

WP
Realize this is a post from 1/17, but I just stumbled on and cannot let it go without replying. I do not want to belittle ur opinions but I have been a close person friend of Ryan and his family for 16 years and u could not find better people. They dedicate their lives to helping people realize their dreams and would help anyone in need. I take this as a personal rebuke as I have worked for Ryan as a lion guide for the same amount of time and have hiked miles upon miles in snow or dry ground to ensure clients have the most memorable hunt. Sorry for ur bad luck but don't attack people's character or livelihood when u obviously do not know the truth. Looking for Mike Leonard if ur still out there give me a call at 3p7-871-0674

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyBelai

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross