WANTED: Male Lion Hunt

450 Ackley

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Europe
Looking for a male lion hunt in South Africa February/March 2023. 1 hunter and 1 companion 5-6 days hunting. Nice accommodation. After success on the lion hunt I want to hunt cull Warthog +++

Get ready to be flooded/swamped and over loaded with offers. Look at the deals and offers listed on here, even the not recent ones may still be valid with current SA lion hunting forecast.

MB

I also suggest making sure hunts are compared apples to apples. I think there are only 8 certified/accredited farms/ranches/areas that SA CB lions are hunted, outfitters/safari companies book you in to one of these camps. Get all details in writing prior to booking, skull and claws included, excluded if that's important and allowed for import to your country. You will need to decide on class of male you want to hunt, in my opinion hunts are same no matter the class. Exhilarating, exiting, affordable for most and only way guy like me can hunt a lion.

Lets hope they can still be hunted when you want to go. That's reason I did mine last summer.

MB

If I were to do again I would certainly add a lioness to same hunt, maybe add a couple days. I also hunted sable and gemsbuck on same place, game was every where, it is SA.

I envy your position.

MB

It is going to be really, really hot during that time of the year - really hot. Depending where you go, the visibility will also likely be pretty tough due to foliage. Lastly, the creepy crawly slithery factor will definitely be heightened. I assume you are prepared to tolerate those conditions. Make your observer is prepared for that sort of holiday as well.

It is going to be really, really hot during that time of the year - really hot. Depending where you go, the visibility will also likely be pretty tough due to foliage. Lastly, the creepy crawly slithery factor will definitely be heightened. I assume you are prepared to tolerate those conditions. Make your observer is prepared for that sort of holiday as well.
Your making it sound so sexy and fun... HAHAHA

Looking for a male lion hunt in South Africa February/March 2023. 1 hunter and 1 companion 5-6 days hunting. Nice accommodation. After success on the lion hunt I want to hunt cull Warthog +++
Hello 450 Ackley
See attached our specials for this year 2022.
If you book one of these specials with a 50 % deposit we will honour the same special for 2023 provided that our government still allow lion hunting.
In case our government shut down lion hunting before your safari starts then we will refund your deposit 100 % (no questions asked).

Like MarkB mentioned above make sure you compare apples with apples.
We are one of only 8 ranches that are accredited by SAPA (South African Predators Association) as well as PHASA (Professional Hunter's Association of South Africa).
Our private game reserve far surpasses the minimum requirements of SAPA's norms and standards with regard to size of property, wilderness atmosphere, no paved roads close to us, no ploughed fields or crop agriculture close to us, no power lines running through the property (we laid a underground electric cable to our lodge just to eliminate the overhead power lines that spoil the view), number of prey species, period that lions are free roaming, opportunity to hunt other species also with the lions.
Feel free to contact SAPA and / or PHASA and ask them who they rate as the top two accredited ranches.

Prices are at an all time low so make use if this opportunity.

Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

Attachments

• Kalahari Lioness Hunt 2022.pdf
    841.5 KB · Views: 136
  • Kalahari Lion Hunt 2022.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 212
450 Ackley, btw your 450 Ackley will do just fine on lion my Lott did great on the cat!

Another vote for for Hans De Klerk from De Klerk Safaris. Had a fabulous experience this year. Hans and his PH Frikkie are knowledgeable and wonderful to be around. Excellent facilities, and Heidi can cook some wonderful meals. You'll gain weight if you don't watch how much you eat. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I would also tell you to go with Hans De Klerk!! Our group hunted on his property the last week of June 2022 and we had 4 successful lion hunts. 2 Lion and 2 Lioness. We hunted with Boela Bekker Safaris up on Hans’s property.
His place is by far the nicest we went to. He is a fantastic host and an excellent cook, and his wife is even better, her desserts every evening were to die for.
After your lion hunt you won’t be able to decide what other animals to hunt because they are all good quality animals. We were all very impressed with the other animals he had there. My wife loved having giraffes right outside our camp (50 yards away) one of the mornings.

F1C2213E-7FDD-4711-9DFE-8EC45F7854C3.jpeg
02840F46-3EB2-4AAC-9E40-EE2E876AA3E5.jpeg

Sent you a PM with some info. I just returned from a Male Lion hunt in July with one of the other 8 accredited Outfitters/PH's.

I have booked with Africa Sun Safari for August 23 after my Zim hunt for a lion. I like their skull replica you can get of the lion you take. Does anyone have any experience with them please. This would help both 450 Ackley and me

thanks!

I have booked with Africa Sun Safari for August 23 after my Zim hunt for a lion. I like their skull replica you can get of the lion you take. Does anyone have any experience with them please. This would help both 450 Ackley and me

thanks!
I did some research before my last trip but decided to go after Buffalo and wait on the lion. Below are two sites that I found the Boneclones site can put you on a very realistic faux skull. Then if you want to take it to the next step Montana Skull Works can bronze, copper or nickel coat it and yes they can do the faux skull. This was what I had planned to do if I took one.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 8.27.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 8.27.21 PM.png
    2 MB · Views: 70
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 8.27.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 8.27.23 PM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 75
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 8.27.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 8.27.25 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 66
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 8.27.34 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 8.27.34 PM.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 67
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 8.27.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 8.27.35 PM.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 63
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 8.27.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 8.27.37 PM.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 65
  • Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 8.27.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-08-27 at 8.27.42 PM.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 59

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg