Wanted Low Power Scope

deewayne2003

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
I'm looking to test the accuracy of a .375H&H Mauser that I happen to have a set of Talley 1" medium height rings/bases for.

So anyone have a 1-4 or 2-6 quality scope that can stand up to the recoil of .375H&H load and accuracy testing?

Gloss or Matte Black doesn't matter, I just rather not have silver unless its a deal I can't refuse.

Located in Austin TX and willing to deal with shipping - Contact by PM only please

If you’re just looking for a scope to test accuracy or just for shooting but not serious hunting, try a Leupold Freedom scope. Either 1-4x or 2-7x.

Look for a Leupold scope

Hi,These recommendations are correct..for a DG Rifle (I have many BIG ones) the Leupolds are the best bang for the buck! Great eye relief well over 4" and tough as nails! Also great field of view for close gnarly stuff that bites back! Lol
Leupold went to the Freedom Line which has mixed reviews ...It also looks like they went to a 2 piece tube(I had a few and sold them off)
I do have a extra (spare) Rare No Longer made VX-3 1.5-5×20mm MATTE in the Hard to find HEAVY DUPLEX ....my favorite and highly sought after. Really bold reticle and perfect for a DG rifle. It is mint and no scratches...also has the rubber eye cup,the new ones don't. Rings not incl.
Since I have 2 if you want it I will take $515 shpd...The similar ones are around $400 but 2 piece and no HD..
20201105_064652.jpeg
20201105_064601.jpeg
20201105_064628.jpeg
Screenshot_20201105-055300_eBay.jpeg

Appreciate the offer Safarikid and thank you for actually having something to sell and especially one as hard to find as that, but I am going to have to pass.

As for the other comments - Yes I am a Leupold fan and have many of them, just currently mounted on other rifles and I don't have a spare.

So once again - I am looking for a reasonably prices used scope that will stand up to .375H&H

Does anyone have a used one for sale say $200 or less?

Try EBAY..many new and used...also another good one with 4.9" eye relief is the Leupold 2.5 power ..small and light and bulletproof!
New are around $250ish...Try Doug at Cameraland

Try EBAY..many new and used...also another good one with 4.9" eye relief is the Leupold 2.5 power ..small and light and bulletproof!
New are around $250ish...Try Doug at Cameraland
Thanks!

Just curious - Is that your Ken Owen 4 Bore in your profile pic?

I ask because I just got my .470 back from Ken

HQ30qnv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I just bought a used 2-7x33 Leupold Freedom off of EBay and it didn’t even have any ring marks. Optically it’s quite good, too.

The leupold 1-4x20mm Freedom series is a fine scope for $200 new.

The leupold 1-5x24mm came illuminated and non-illuminated in both 1" and 30mm sizes. They sold on the street for $299-$399, a bit more with the special order reticle types. (firedot, German #4, etc.) You may find one of those for $250-$300 used.

Those are really your options for cheap and "reasonable quality". Anything better than that you're into the Zeiss Conquest illuminated 1-4x that was on liquidation new recently for $440, then you go into used Diatals, Schmidt & Benders, other Zeiss, older Swarovski Habicht, etc. Those are all in the $600 and up, used, pricepoints.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
v9bettel

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois