AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa
Howdy,

I have managed to convince the future MRS that a honeymoon in the British Isles would not be complete without a day or two hunting pheasants in Scotland. Could anyone help point out some good options, outfitters, etc? I am looking at dates around the end of October or early November of 2015.

Thanks,

Wyatt

Hi Wyatt,

I have a couple guys in Scotland that I work with they primarily hunt big game. But do birds as well. I'll check with them to see if they could set it up for you.

Hi Wyatt,

If you're looking for pheasant shooting, I'd suggest looking at the Yorkshire or Exmoor areas of England, as they offer great high pheasant shooting. Also, if you can delay until late November, you'll get far better quality shooting, as the pheasants are only just feathering up in October and on my own shoot (in the south), our first pheasant day isn't until mid-November for that reason. Of course, in October you could always try some partridge, walked up grouse, or particularly if Scotland is the plan, red deer . . . . although all this temptation may not impress the new Mrs (unless she also shoots)!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Wyatt,

If you're looking for pheasant shooting, I'd suggest looking at the Yorkshire or Exmoor areas of England, as they offer great high pheasant shooting. Also, if you can delay until late November, you'll get far better quality shooting, as the pheasants are only just feathering up in October and on my own shoot (in the south), our first pheasant day isn't until mid-November for that reason. Of course, in October you could always try some partridge, walked up grouse, or particularly if Scotland is the plan, red deer . . . . although all this temptation may not impress the new Mrs (unless she also shoots)!

Thankfully she does shoot, but her main focus is getting to do London and visit the Dr Who museum in Cardiff, thus I only get maybe a day and a half to do a shoot. Thank you for the info!

There are plenty of good shoots in Wales if you are going to Cardiff. The Shooting Gazette is available online and often reviews shoots around the UK.
As Sustainer says the birds would be rather soft in October,later in November would offer you better birds.
This website might be of use to you www.gunsonpegs.com offer shooting all over the UK.

There are plenty of good shoots in Wales if you are going to Cardiff. The Shooting Gazette is available online and often reviews shoots around the UK.
As Sustainer says the birds would be rather soft in October,later in November would offer you better birds.
This website might be of use to you www.gunsonpegs.com offer shooting all over the UK.

you can email chris at that website on chrishorne@itapgroup.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnT3006

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg