50by50

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
S. Africa and Namibia
hi everyone- the draws treated me bad this year so I'm thinking about heading to South Africa for some R and R.

Anyone know of an awesome hunt at a great price?

I'm looking for a big property (20,000 acres plus) in the Limpopo where the property isn't hunted to death.

Looking for HUGE: Nyala, bushbuck, warthog, kudu, steenbok, blesbok and would probably shoot an impala, baboon, second warthog, vervet based on opportunity.

And if a big 40"+ sable came into the waterhole I'd smack him to.

Thanks guys- haven't done Africa short notice before so interested to see what can be done.

Someone should be able to work up an offer. Your property size restriction will reduce the number of players but there are some.
Good luck working on your hunt.

Contact Pieter with Paw Print Safaris. He has a new concession that has t been hunted much.

Their are few outfits that have that big of a continuous piece of property. Make sure you book with a outfitter that specializes in bowhunting, I can't stress that enough, not someone who is trying to do it all and would also take a bowhunter but isn't really setup well. I've made 9 bow only hunts to Africa and my last one was an inexpensive hunt that was extremely poor because they didn't really know what to do. PM me if you would like some recommendations, I know a few that I think would be what you're looking for.

For big property, quality animals, and guys that know bowhunting, you need to get with Dan/Hannes at Limcroma.

For a property that size you should look outside of South Africa. Take a look at Namibia or Botswana (Tholo Safaris).

I have done a couple of bow hunts there myself at great pricing. PM me if you want some ideas.

hi there
13500 acres on my place
well equipped for bow hunting and have all the species you are after, including top notch sable and buff and roan
please send me an email and i am sure we can sort something out stuart@tallyho.co.za
i have openings late august into september and october, this is best time for bowhunting i might add

Hey guys- I appreciate the comments and help! I'm booked for an archery hunt in late August/ early September!
All plains game this time:
Kudu
Warthog
Nyala
Bushbuck
Warthog
Giraffe
Eland
Warthog
Blesbok
Impala
Steenbok
Duiker

I can't wait! Thanks again for all the help.

So where did you end up booking?

Hey Lee- I ended up booking with an outfit called matswani. They do a lot of photo safaris for Europeans and are, as I've been told, working to get into the American hunting market.

It was a really tough decision and I was leaning toward going with bos en dal but we couldn't get our dates to work.

I'll be interested to hear how this works out.

Thanks. I'm primarily a bow guy, so very interested in hearing on how it goes. Just finished final sight in and marking of my top arrow/broadhead combinations. Wheels up in 48 hours. We will send out updates and a final report.

Thanks Brickburn! And great luck Lee! I'm looking forward to hearing how your hunt goes. BTW- who are you hunting with?

Hunting with Paw Print. Did well in 2014. Hoping things go well again, despite some colder weather in the forecast.

I've been hearing a lot about them recently. I heard about his new concession. Hope you get to check it out. Good luck Lee!

Congrats on the booking, look forward to the report!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silke2404

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.