Wanted Leica 8x42

migrabill

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
MBS, SCI, NRA
Hunted
US. Maryland. Kentucky. West Virginia. Ohio. Illinois. Pennsylvania. Delaware.
So I'd like to carry a pair of Leica 8x42 Bino's on my upcoming African Safari. But I will probably never need them again so I am hesitant to lay down the cash for a new pair. Anybody got a used set they're looking to sell? Thanx.

So I'd like to carry a pair of Leica 8x42 Bino's on my upcoming African Safari. But I will probably never need them again so I am hesitant to lay down the cash for a new pair. Anybody got a used set they're looking to sell? Thanx.

The newer model Leica 8x and 10x stuff is magnesium. Very light for little old lady bird watchers. A friend bought a pair and they were dented simply by setting them down too hard on a counter. Can't remember if these were Noctovid or Trinovid models, but whatever their $1100 model is, you don't want it my friend.

The workhorse model is the old blocky Leica HD-R (rangefinding) model that has been out for ten plus years. They go for around $1600 and they are wonderful. Many, many PHs use these as does my son.

The brand new 8x32 HD-B (Ballistic calculator rangefinding) is the ultimate model for a do-all that includes bowhunting since they are so compact, but they just came out and they are $2800 so you probably won't find them yet as second-hand items.

True that
Inise the old 10x42 range finding
They are great and tough

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-04-02 at 7.32.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-02 at 7.32.13 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 15

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaeMorris

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross