SkullKeeper

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
RSA, Tanzania, Zambia
Hopefully someone will have a Lee factory crimp die for a 416 Rigby. I sure need one.

Lee will make you one custom. Just be sure that the custom die is the right size for your press. I had them make a 500/416 custom for me which they did in a larger diameter. It did not fit my Hornady due and needed to buy, surprise surprise a Lee press. I actually like it better. Love those crimp dies.

Lee will make you one custom. Just be sure that the custom die is the right size for your press. I had them make a 500/416 custom for me which they did in a larger diameter. It did not fit my Hornady due and needed to buy, surprise surprise a Lee press. I actually like it better. Love those crimp dies.
Thank you very much for the suggestion - I will contact them Monday !

i reload for my 450 NE with Lee dies. They dont carry this caliber in regular stock. i contacted them and they happily made me a custom set of dies. i had to send them one brass that had been fired. turnaround time was pretty quick. a couple of weeks.

According to their website, their custom services have been suspended for a while now (since April 20, 2020)- due to demand surge, covid excuse, etc. Contact them to to verify.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 9.12.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 9.12.16 AM.png
    717.9 KB · Views: 60
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 9.12.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-11 at 9.12.17 AM.png
    840.5 KB · Views: 67
According to their website, their custom services have been suspended for a while now- due to demand surge, covid excuse, etc. Contact them to to verify.
oh man. bad break. hopefully they will crank up the custom shop soon.

According to their website, their custom services have been suspended for a while now (since April 20, 2020)- due to demand surge, covid excuse, etc. Contact them to to verify.
Thank you for the information!

You chaps are lucky you have Lee. In the UK we can only get the standard stuff no custom dies for us :E Crying:

Skullkeeper, the 416 Rigby is about the only caliber I don't have a Taper Crimp Die for. My 416 Rigby is a single shot i.e. a Ruger No.1. You might try asking to borrow one from an AH member with you paying the postage both ways. I've used Lee's "Custom Shop" to make several different crimping dies for me. Service was top drawer.

I found it at FS Reloading, where I got my 375 crimp. Don't know if that is standard press threads or not but my 375 Ruger one fits my RCBS press just fine.
Screenshot_20210714-095258_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210714-095112_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210714-095705_Chrome.jpg

Its not standard threads, I had one a while back and was much larger than standard forster rings to put in my forster press, if you have a different press may work for that

Skullkeeper lots of single stage presses come with a bushing that reduces the 1 & 1/4" threaded hole down to 7/8". All you have to do is remove the bushing and insert the Crimping Die.

Skullkeeper lots of single stage presses come with a bushing that reduces the 1 & 1/4" threaded hole down to 7/8". All you have to do is remove the bushing and insert the Crimping Die.
Yep, I just pulled that bushing out of my RCBS press and measured, it is 1 1/4". Things I'll remember if this comes up again.

Skullkeeper, the 416 Rigby is about the only caliber I don't have a Taper Crimp Die for. My 416 Rigby is a single shot i.e. a Ruger No.1. You might try asking to borrow one from an AH member with you paying the postage both ways. I've used Lee's "Custom Shop" to make several different crimping dies for me. Service was top drawer.
Thank you buddy!

Its not standard threads, I had one a while back and was much larger than standard forster rings to put in my forster press, if you have a different press may work for that
Yes I’ve got a Lee classic - it will work fine

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg