Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, GSCO
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, 33 US states and counting
I would love to find something similar to this...

Also interested in sporting versions of their 303. Anyone have one or know of one? Even if you're not selling, photos would be appreciated!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 8.15.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 8.15.10 PM.png
    557.1 KB · Views: 98
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 8.15.11 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 8.15.11 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 106
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 8.15.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 8.15.12 PM.png
    972.2 KB · Views: 103

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 8.06.04 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 8.06.04 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 76
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 8.06.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 8.06.05 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 67
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 8.06.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 8.06.07 AM.png
    643.9 KB · Views: 74
I've got those photos too. Feel the same.

More accurately, I should have said I'm looking for Lee-Speed rifles in 375, 303, etc.

I have a bunch of them in a lot of calibers & just finished putting a relined barrel on a action to test, I hope to finish them all one day, I have two .375 barrels I had rebored stuck in the US now, done many years ago by Cliff LaBounty when things could be sent out of the US but missed the boat back then !

Sorry can't send them from here now days.

Can't send photos? Curious to see some of them. Rebored from 375 to what?

Not .375 in the start, .303 barrels rebored to .375 then I was to chamber to .375Ex, I have a couple Lee Speeds/BSA Sporters in .375Ex & a WR 93-95 Styer in .375Ex also.

I put a photo up of a few of them a while ago, have a look .

I put a photo up of a few of them a while ago, have a look .
Are these yours? What are some of the calibers? They look great. Any favorites?

Some of my Lee Speeds .jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep that is some of them, there is mainly .303 Brit a .375Ex 2.5in & 8X50R, I like the WR & Greener .303's at the bottom, both a bit rough (but mint barrel on the WR) & the .375 Ex by Beesley at the top.

Incredible. If you ever let one go, keep me in mind. Have you seen any of the Lee-Speed in .22 rimfire?

Yes I have seen two over the years but not of interest to me, one 6.5X53R also but the owner wouldn't let it go, it would go nicely with all my old Styers in that caliber.

I think way too hard to get to the US now days, I made a big mistake 16 (or more) years ago & sent the first Lee Speed (Westley Richards) I found to a chap in the US to swap for a 8 Bore action only, it is still a action & not the rifle I hoped to finish & put me on the road to find a Lee Speed like it, which I don't have yet, very annoying !

I do need to fly to the US & pick up all my parts & bits as no one will send any thing here now days but I still think it would be hard to take now days, I did buy two from the US, one I picked up & the other came with a shippment, again a few years ago now.

Well you have good taste in rifles! I have a nice old LSA factory sporter, some might call it a Lee Speed, certainly that style in .303, not for sale of course, just too neat of an old rifle.
IMG_2808.JPG

Yes that is a beauty, well done on that rifle, I had a couple in the beginning but sold them off to keep to one style BSA, maybe not that smart as the LSA will be rarer as they stopped production early .

LSA made some on the "Lee Speed" marked actions also, so still proper Lee Speeds.

Some people are rather anal on these & say only actions marked "Lee Speed" should be called such but near all of them were made by BSA & sold (or finished) under other names.
LSA made their own of course & I think Green did to as the Greeners I have seen are different in the Butt stock, most are identical in the but stock with varying forends.

I feel all the English Sporters can be called Lee Speeds, apart from the later BSA Sporter which doesn't have the engraving & fancy stock or wood, I also have a lot of these & buy them when ever I see them to get a real nice one in the start but there are so many different action types & variances of it I kept going !!

Thanks Sarg,

being that mine is not Lee Speed marked anywhere I just call it a LSA factory sporter, which was confirmed by a fellow writing a book about these rifles.
I got mine for a song and I cant carry a tune in a bucket! :rolleyes:

Yes thats nice to, it is the lower stage BSA Sporter, still cool rifles & if you want you could say it is "Lee Speed" style sporter, I haven't seen one marked "Lee Speed" but I wouldn't be surprised to find one such marked, then it is definitely "Lee Speed" style lol !
From what I understand, the BSA rifles did have the Lee-Speed marking on the wrist up until just a little bit before mine was made. Once the patent ran out, there was no need to put it there anymore. But since the action is 100% Mr. Lee's and I'm pretty sure the magazine design is Mr. Speed's, it's a Lee-Speed in all but name as far as I'm concerned. Just a less-fancy, more utilitarian model!

Those are some nice examples. I would really like to find a Lee Speed in .303 by one of the top British makers (H&H, Rigby, Westley, etc) that has some decent engraving. They are nice little rifles

Still looking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donnie58Q

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!