Wanted Labradar

Will 416

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
I would like to buy a Labradar for personal use. I do my homework when it comes to scammers, so don’t even bother. Even a lead on where they are in stock at would be very helpful. Thank you in advance. -Will

You could always buy it from their website. They say Instock and out of stock so call them maybe?

I would like to buy a Labradar for personal use. I do my homework when it comes to scammers, so don’t even bother. Even a lead on where they are in stock at would be very helpful. Thank you in advance. -Will
LOL, I read "labrador", as in dog, not Labradar, as in chronograph. Never mind....

Labradar shows out of stock, no backorders. Midway is out also. Saw one on GB for $1250, LOL.

I’ve looked at all of my “normal” resources. None to be found. As @Thiller said, try calling them directly.
I hope you find one. I’ve used the Chrony, Magnetospeed and the Labradar. The Labradar is the best of the three.

Labradar shows out of stock, no backorders. Midway is out also. Saw one on GB for $1250, LOL.
Lol. I don’t need one that bad. I can true my drops on my Kestrel and probably get pretty close. Or I could reload a lot of ammo to waste with a magnetospeed for the extra $700 premium that person is asking.

Lol. I don’t need one that bad. I can true my drops on my Kestrel and probably get pretty close. Or I could reload a lot of ammo to waste with a magnetospeed for the extra $700 premium that person is asking.
I dont consider the $200 I paid for my Magnetospeed a waste, tried it out yesterday and worked just dandy and perfect for my needs.

Keep an eye out at the below.

Green Top Sporting Goods
Scheels
Bruno’s
Gunwerks

They will sell out in less than an hour. I was able to get mine from Green Top, and the purchase was flawless.

Magnetospeed works just fine but it changes the barrel harmonics and the rifle groups differently after you remove it. Kind of a waste, shooting for velocity then shooting for groups separately.

Its not a waste. I shoot for groups, then go about looking for the best performer in speed. I did it the same way when I was using the old school chrony.
Its all part of the fun.

Well, I guess “waste” may not be the best choice of words. Maybe “Not Necessary“ is more accurate. With the Labradar, you shoot your groups and already know if those groups have a low ES and you can get to practice and not bench shooting.

I dont consider the $200 I paid for my Magnetospeed a waste, tried it out yesterday and worked just dandy and perfect for my needs.
I have a Magnetospeed too and ran it against my buddy's Labradar and it was almost identical data.....very happy with mine. You do get more data points with the Labradar, but I really only care about FPS data for my loads.

Well, I guess “waste” may not be the best choice of words. Maybe “Not Necessary“ is more accurate. With the Labradar, you shoot your groups and already know if those groups have a low ES and you can get to practice and not bench shooting.
I have never paid any attention to ES, just what the target tells me. I like to shoot and whether its the target or over the chrony, its all shooting and all good.

Agree on watching Scheels.com - where I bought mine about 18 months ago.
The Magnetospeed is very good and actually a little faster to get into service, (I also have the MV3)- but the Labradar is worth the Buy Once, Cry Once.

Both give superior/more accurate results to most conventional chronographs, IMO, with the advantage of not requiring a cold range for setup.

I apologize for my poor use of words. I didn’t mean the magnetospeed is a waste. I meant shooting unnecessary ammo when I’m not able to multitask and shoot for accuracy. (I hate anything that touches my barrel. However, I’ve been shopping around and found that there is a rail adapter to mount it to the stock instead of the barrel. Is this correct? I meant by no means to downplay a magnetospeed because I have heard good things. I was just mistakenly under the impression that it had to mount to my barrel, therefore “wasting” ammo by making speed tests and accuracy tests 2 separate steps. Sorry about that.

I apologize for my poor use of words. I didn’t mean the magnetospeed is a waste. I meant shooting unnecessary ammo when I’m not able to multitask and shoot for accuracy. (I hate anything that touches my barrel. However, I’ve been shopping around and found that there is a rail adapter to mount it to the stock instead of the barrel. Is this correct? I meant by no means to downplay a magnetospeed because I have heard good things. I was just mistakenly under the impression that it had to mount to my barrel, therefore “wasting” ammo by making speed tests and accuracy tests 2 separate steps. Sorry about that.
No worries on your wordage, I was not offended.
I dont know about the stock mount adapter, am new to the product. I mounted mine to the barrel in the usual way and had no problems, however I was not shooting for groups with it, just specific loads that has shot well previously and wanted to know their velocity.
That is how I have always found my loads. Group first, chrono later. Loading manuals usually give us a basic idea of the ballpark we are in, however they are only an approximation.
Good luck on your search, it looks like they are scarce right now like everything else!

Spoke with folks at Labradar 2 weeks ago. New batches are suppose to hit Midway and Scheels in the next few weeks. Some changes to design, no Bluetooth and will be SD card for data transfer only. Price suppose to drop to 539.99 due to electronics changes.

Magnetospeed works just fine but it changes the barrel harmonics and the rifle groups differently after you remove it. Kind of a waste, shooting for velocity then shooting for groups separately.
It doesn't change as much as you might think, I was hitting 1/2 MOA targets at 800 yards with my 6XC. A Labradar is about to get some competition from some other players here soon.

What type of shooting are you doing? Unless you are trying for really small groups at distance. A Labradar is only part of the equation.

I got one from Gunwerks in April. Got on a waiting list and had one 3 weeks later.

It doesn't change as much as you might think, I was hitting 1/2 MOA targets at 800 yards with my 6XC. A Labradar is about to get some competition from some other players here soon.

What type of shooting are you doing? Unless you are trying for really small groups at distance. A Labradar is only part of the equation.
I Know how much it changes. I owned and used the magnetospeed for years. It measures velocity very well. But it does change POI. More on certain rifles. The heavy barreled PRS Palma contoured barrels not nearly as much. If you don’t get good low ES, you‘re likely to loose a bunch or accuracy at longer distances. The magneto speed is a good tool. Much better than the old crapy chrony that we all used to use. The Labradar is even better, but at a higher price. At least that’s been my experience.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JacobI313

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!