Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
South Africa, New Zealand, USA, Canada,
Going on hunt in Limpopo for 10 days for a few of the tiny ten and night creatures. This will be my 3rd trip to Africa. Also spending 5 days Zambia, Victoria Falls. Would love to hunt a few days for Kufue Lechwe near the falls. I am looking for just the Kufue Lechwe on a budget. Any suggestions? I can skip if too costly.

I don't really want a Red and Black is too expensive a hunt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve seen a few advertisements for them in RSA. Not there natural habitat. I would think that Kufue would be equal to or greater than Black.

The Kafue flats start at about the Monze / Mazabuka area not too far north of Livingston. Not sure what the road is like but it's less than 200km. I'm certain there are outfitters in the area.

I have been looking at the ads. Found one for $6000 but I am looking for a hunt for about half that amount or I will skip.

Get in touch with Strang Middleton, he may be able to help you out a few hours from the falls.

Contact Mark Young, the booking agent. He has a connection for good Kafue Lechwe on private land near the Kafue Flats. I did this hunt through Mark and shot a 30” bull, and it wasn’t the largest we saw. It’s Also a good place for sable, Crawshays Waterbuck, bushbuck, Eland and a few other species. Cost was pretty reasonable.

I will check these out. I met Strange at DSC a few years ago. I hunted Kudu in the mountains on Balla Bella in Limpopo at there property. I have met Allan and Shawn his hunting partners.

I will see if anyone can accommodate us on the hunt. I sent a PM to @spike.t. Thanks.

Last edited:
I hope you find what you are looking for. The reason the flats are expensive from what I understand is it is managed as an open area where outfitters can come hunt just for kafue lechwe, normally a one day add on to a larger hunt. There aren’t a lot of private game farms in Zambia.

Without any reservations, I can recommend Derick van Staden Safaris.

I think @spike.t has them
Yes, he does. This one turned out to be a 29" er.

1662686198735.png

South banks (Lochenvar) are closed for hunting. North Banks (Blue Lagoon) is open but with a few licenses this year, we got this 34” Kafue Lechwe a few days ago from the north banks.

This year is everything sold out, and unfortunately I don’t think with your budget in mind it will even cover the transfer from Livingstone to Blue Lagoon and back so most probably better to shoot it in RSA !

IMG_6618.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
profibrahim

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you