Lifetime bronze benefactor
Platinum supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
I am looking for a first time Africa plains game hunt for my wife and I. She is a non hunter and to be honest not a “tent” camping person at all. Is there any hunt available at a reasonable cost she could enjoy as well? Thanks so much for your input!

I am looking for a first time Africa plains game hunt for my wife and I. She is a non hunter and to be honest not a “tent” camping person at all. Is there any hunt available at a reasonable cost she could enjoy as well? Thanks so much for your input!
I would be the only hunter but would hope she might have things to do so she is not bored

@Rare Breed,

Welcome to the AH.com site. Please take a look at our Couples Package that we have on offer here. This has been one of our most popular and requested offers and we are pleased to keep it on offer for the 2019-2020 seasons. This package includes all the best that Africa offers for hunters and non-hunting companions. And, of course, we can always work from this package to customize it to your specific needs. Please contact me anytime if you have questions.

Warm regards, Dan L.

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/limcroma-couples-family-hunting-package.42088/

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/experience-africa-with-limcroma-safaris.26157/

Being a registered tourist guide I can look after her, take her to Kruger National Park and other stunning places. If you are hunting in South Africa...

Hi @Rare Breed .. excursions and other activities for non hunters absolutely can be arranged for.. The non hunter may also find being an "observer" on a safari to be very enjoyable.. Seeing game animals in their natural habitat, and just witnessing the beauty of the terrain is an event in and of itself...

While there are plenty of safari outfitters that offer tent camps and spartan type amenities (that sort of thing is appealing to some) there are also outfitters that offer true 5 star accommodation that rival grand hotels, and offer food and drink that are on par or better than most restaurants in the US.. and there are several different levels in between.. I dont think you would have any problem finding a camp where your wife would be very comfortable...

Bos en Dal Safaris would certainly be happy to talk to you about options we could provide if you are interested..

Lots of outfitters offer packages that include the spouse at little to no extra charge.

It really depends on your bride.
She may enjoy coming along on some of the walk and stalks. Just enjoying the African bush and all the new critters and flora.

If she hates the Outdoors, there are lots that offer Spas, Shopping, tours, game drives, park visits, or just sitting beside the pool reading a book, etc. etc.

Never say never on a tent camp. The 1st one we stayed in was on the Okavango river tiger fish fishing. We opened the tent flap and it had tile floors, nice wardrobes, mosquito nets, ensuite bathroom with shower and Air Conditioning!!! When we got home from our trip people asked us if we roughed it and we said yep stayed in a tent. The wife and I just smile about it!!!

My non-hunting wife went with me on my first safari to the Bubye Valley Conservency in Zimbabwe. It was a buffalo and PG hunt. Her idea of “roughing it” is staying at a Holiday Inn versus a Hilton. We we in the Dyers camp but I visited three other camps and all were nice. Huts with flush toilets, showers...
For the most part she stayed in camp in the AM taking pictures of passing game and reading and listening to music. In the PM she’d go with us and we’d watch elephants, rhino and other game and I’d get in some hunting.
She had a great time.

I can offer a 7 day plains game hunt in Matetsi Unit 5, Zimbabwe, this is a short drive from Victoria falls.
Loads of wildlife and tons to do during and after the safari.
The area is wild and free range with no fences.
martinpieterssafaris@gmail.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Rare Breed

I have sent you a PM with details. Will hear back from you.

Kind Regards
Juan Stander

Welcome to AH! We have a excellent lodge that is spouse friendly . PM me a list of animals you are looking for or check the website link for some of our packages. There is lots for your wife to do if she doesn't want to tag along on the hunting side of things.

Lodge #.png
L13.jpg
L11.jpg
L6.jpg
IMG_2052 (1).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Good day sir,
Here is a great starting point for a deal we just posted.

https://www.africahunting.com/threa...afari-victoria-falls-all-included-2019.47157/
Please swing by our webpage to view our accommodations. We have hosted many couples over the years, including anniversaries, engagements and recently brought to light by some of them, conceptions:D
It must be the African bush.
On a serious note, should your wife decide not to join you on the day, our female staff will take care of her.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen

When traveling in Africa - anything can be arranged. I go with my husband every trip, and have loved every one. The type of safari you book will really depend on what will make you both happy. What type of hunting you want to do (area,animals,country) and what she will be comfortable with as well (nature lover, get to experience local culture, not mind getting dirty or having WiFi? Or is she a spa and shopping person that can’t go without a manicure?)
Personally i can’t imagine going and not being out in the bush and all the things that go along with it. That being said, we have also done the ‘tourist” thing and had an enjoyable time. (Stellenbosch, Hermanus, Harties, all little towns around false bay, slept out on the salt pans, explored Moremi)
Getting to see and experience more than the airport and camp has really fueled our passion for going time after time. But, I have girlfriends that would hate it..they would never climb in the back of a truck, stalk animals, pee outside or be comfortable with any of it.

Contact Marius at KMG.

I'm trying to get back to Africa but had a set back - car accident, surgery to fuse my neck,,,,, When I get healed and cleared I've already mentioned to my wife about going to Africa for 10 day - 2 weeks not all hunting,
I plan to hunt some, but the trip is centered around her.

One could always go world class hunting and be in the most beautiful and safest place on the planet.......other than earthquakes .

New Zealand.

RB, I went to SA with my wife on our first safari, and she enjoyed every day! She is not a hunter, but she accompanied me every time we went to the bush, and loved watching all the animals in their natural habitat. We also did two side trips, and one was to ride on the back of elephants, and the other to an albino lion park. We both played with a 3 month old albino lion for almost 1 1/2 hrs. These two things, put the icing on the cake and culminated a wonderful trip.

BTW, I'm down the road from you in Warner Robins.

Hello Rare Breed
PM me or send an e-mail.
We can also assist with what you want.
Sincerely
Hans de Klerk

I did a few days PG hunting at Huntershill in the Eastern Cape with my wife and 15 year old daughter last year as part of a longer trip.

I was worried they would be bored but it was their favourite stop! As well as a chopper ride and orphaned baby lion to play with there was game drives, wifi and a pool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg