WANTED: Honey Badger Hunt

fgold767

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
SA
Where can I hunt and expect to harvest a Honey Badger?
Long story.
I want my wife to go to Africa with me but she wants a Honey Badger!
I know there are none available in the East Cape so where else in SA or Namibia
can we go?

i am also interested in the answers to this question.

The Limpopo Province or Zimbabwe are good options.

I saw two while hunting with Gerrit at Bos en dal safaris in the North West Province, he secured a permit for me on short notice.

Bossie of Limpopo Big Game Safaris

This.

Although I'm hoping he has at least one less badger available in just over two weeks. :E Devious:

I'm watching this thread too. Badger has been my call sign for over 15 years.

ive got this north american fur badger but would love a honey badger for the african room.

mypictures214.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Where can I hunt and expect to harvest a Honey Badger?
Long story.
I want my wife to go to Africa with me but she wants a Honey Badger!
I know there are none available in the East Cape so where else in SA or Namibia
can we go?

Hello fgold
I can help you with a honey badger! We are situated in the limpopo province in the heart of the Avocado valley. The honey badgers destroy the bee hives next to the fields that the farmes have.
Looking forward in hearing from you.

Last edited by a moderator:
My son got his on Namibia a few years ago. Took a special permit in advance but our PH arranged it easily.

The easiest way to find them seems to be to go leopard hunting. My wife must have seen every honey badger in Africa eating her leopard baits.

Whatever vehicle you take to the hunting ground make sure there is room for the entire hunting party inside the vehicle. You don't want to ride in the back with the badger. The damn things stink to high heaven.

Just received this from Bossie at Limpopo Big Game Safaris.

Notice the date - taken this morning. I will be there in two weeks. Hope he enjoys the meals. I'm coming for him.

IMG-20160624-WA0008.jpg

In Marula which is in the South Western area of Zimbabwe near Botswana there are plenty plus Honey badgers , so much so that every Leopard hunt you do one has to choose bait trees carefully to try outwit these buggers ( Badgers ) they are a absolute nuisance when they get on a bait . I have had them come into the blind from the back and the front which is hilarious when you cant see your hand in front of you and waiting for a Leopard....

You could hunt several plus Hyena and other nocturnal game ( Bush pigs, Civet and Genet cats ) at the same time .

Be happy to do this hunt for $ 400 a day which will be for the 2 of you together .

Regards

Wayne
Mateke hunt 06 025.jpg

Nyamazana Safaris, tell me can you do all the small cats of Africa, including the one I want most Serval?

@Jim Rea

Bossie does all the cats and night critters, including Serval. So unless you're set on going to Zim (which I wouldn't blame!) He would be worth the talk too. PM me if you want more info, or look for my report in a few weeks.

Serval is in a different area and badger is focus, so don't know if I will get to serval. We may try of time permits, but realistically it probably won't.

All of these animals are tough, I think. I saw one serval in 12 nights of hunting. Fortunately I got it.

I think honey badger is a bit easier, only because they will come to bait. Apparently serval won't.

ive got this north american fur badger but would love a honey badger for the african room.

View attachment 154252

Time for you to go back Edward. You quit Wally World so nothing holding you back! Mount a Honey Badger like you did the North American guy and have them facing off against one another!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ShanonBurc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.