Wanted Holland & Holland Quick Detachable Mounts

Thank you very much for the info and suggestions Gentlemen. I truly appreciate it. The rifle we have was made for a prince in the Arabian peninsula before he left it behind as a gift after his last safari in 2013. So I guess it is worth making a new set of scope rings for. I'll work on all suggestions and will also wait for Sika98's contact.

Hello Andrew - I had exactly the same problem in 2017. My problem was twofold: firstly that the mounts are individually machined and cannot simply be bought off the shelf, and secondly that my rifle, from the '60s, had (original) mounts that did not align with the barrel.
IMG_1787.jpeg
IMG_1792.jpeg

At that stage, Hollands quoted me £8,000 + VAT (at 20%) to replace the mounts.

I went to Lee Butler, who quoted me £2,700 + VAT. If you live abroad, you won't pay the VAT. His mounts are indistinguishable from Holland mounts, down to the engraving.

One final point: modern 'scopes are considerably larger than the old Zeiss scopes. You will end up with a considerably larger load up top.

IMG_1791.jpeg

PS - I also tried to get an engineer to machine the mounts before I went to Lee Butler; he produced a ring set that would probably have worked, but looked like it was made by a plumber. It was a waste of money in the end.

The gunmaker here Denmark I believe back in 2004 charged me $1500 where H&H wanted £4500 for the same work. I still had to had the rifle shipped to England and returned in addition to the that price.
kZd0eXSl.jpg

As much as we may all like H&H for their splendid guns just remember a recoilpad change cost £4x where the most expensive gunmaker in Ferlach may only charge 1x. The best gunmaker here in Dk only ½x. One pay alot to have their guns oiled at H&H.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaStilwe

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross