Wanted Federal 375 H&H Ammo Boxes

Brad Matteo

AH member
Reaction score
Media
I'm looking for 3 factory federal 375h&h ammo boxs. I have the brass and slugs just need the boxs if anyone has 3.

Thank you

Just curious why you need them? Also Federal had several different paste board boxes as well as plastic boxes.

You won’t have any problem with any box designed to hold ammo.

I believe the Ammunition must match the box and the caliber of the Firearm

Seeking further clarification: So can I put a generic plastic box of reloads in a pelican box? Will that be allowed?

Ammunition will match rifle of course

I don't know about SA but in Tanzania they opened my ammo boxes, counted the rounds and checked the headstamp, mine were in factory boxes and my son-in-law had his in aftermarket plastic boxes, they didn't seem to mind the plastic boxes. To be safe you could print up some sort of stick on label and seal them up. I know some of the ammo companies use aftermarket boxes and make their own labels.

I will check and see if I have 3, do you need the trays too or just the outer box? If you could come up with the guts the flat boxes would be easier to ship.

I use the plain boxes sold by midway and print formal looking labels for them. They look like custom shop loads which in a way I guess they are. I’ve done it many times and never had an issue.

Never had them check mine in 6 trips
Just have ammo in separate lock able case inside your main luggage not in same case as rifle. It doesn’t need to be locked but if transferring flights they want it as a separate piece of luggage

I've had mine checked once in RSA. Rounds were plastic ammo boxes. They looked at the headstamp and compared it to the rifle listed on my SAPS. No questions, no problems. As long as headstamp and SAPS match you're good to go. Packaging doesn't matter.

I would go with factory boxes. Person that checks your gear may have been there all year or all day...........last two trips my cartridges/headstamps/rifles checked thoroughly.........FWB

I hired a rifle when I went to SA, but this comes up occasionally.
I would not like to be on foreign soil arguing the point when they may have the last say. I’ve only gone international once it went smoothly but it was all new to me. Apart from a porter giving directions and requiring a tip no problem.
I think I read here a person had trouble leaving the Perth airport in Australia with reloads as they are not to factory specification.
I would err on the side of caution.
It’s good to see members trying to help out.

In Sa at or tambo. Doing about 20 clients wrapons a year. Never seen them check ammo not even once

I would just make sure ammo calibre matches rifle calibre
Besides that they cant say much

Seven trips to SA and Namibia....never checked. Always had plastic boxes inside a locked Pelican case in my checked luggage and transferred the Pelican with lock to be shipped separately from my checked bag if flying within SA by SAA.

Had our ammo in factory boxes, locked in a Pelican case in our checked luggage.
We left from Dulles, VA to OR Tambo and no one checked the ammo.
The rifles were thoroughly checked, but not the ammo.

For our next trip I'll be using plastic MTM boxes locked in a Pelican case.
I'll be making up some official looking stickers for the boxes as well.

YRMV

Botswana and Zim are two countries that check my ammo. RSA never has. Botswana is very thorough!

Botswana and Zim are two countries that check my ammo. RSA never has. Botswana is very thorough!
Meaning what exactly?
Does it need to be in a factory box?
Or at least a box with a factory looking label?

Zimbabwe is a possibility for us in 2022 or maybe 2023.
That's why I ask.

use the search function

Subject: ”ammo box”

user: brickburn

You will get every last discussion on this topic. Solutions included

Meaning what exactly?
Does it need to be in a factory box?
Or at least a box with a factory looking label?

Zimbabwe is a possibility for us in 2022 or maybe 2023.
That's why I ask.

Meaning they check the headstamp vs your permit and count the number of rounds. Botswana taxes you per bullet. It’s not a lot of money but they are very thorough about it. I use plain cardboard midway boxes that I print very professional looking labels for. These are in a locked ammo case that can be checked separately if requested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey75K951

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross