WANTED: Couples Hunting Safari for 2017

Know this thread is an old one, but figured I would put the final verdict on here, the deposit is in, my wife and I are hunting with Will Van Niekerk at Symbol Safaris , July 24th of 2017 we head out. Going to be a fun trip , we are going with a fairly large group. Currently got a list of Cape Kudu and Warthog for her, and Bushpig, Cape Bushbuck, and Mountain reedbuck for me. Hustling hard at work and stacking money , plan to have some extra tucked away for a few more species (at least 1 for each of us), although I am skirting the age old battle of what I can get away with putting on the wall. Ostrich got shot down, but I was surprised to learn a baboon skull mount isn't out of the question....

Congrats.... I am not familiar with them. However, I bet y'all have a great time. Enjoy the next 14 months!

Congrats @Bsto270 ! Enjoy the anticipation, and yes put away as much as you can and go for as many extra species that you can!!!

Enjoy the preparation! Shoot and shoot some more and be prepared for the time of your life!!

Thanks all. One of the gentlemen organizing things as it were has hunted with them before. Went through his photos, asked questions, and have been in contact with Will himself for a few months, he has been quite good about answering all of my questions. Now its waiting, working, and when I'm not doing that getting in range time with the wife (doing a lot of small bore shooting off of bipod sticks, my theory being if I can shoot off 2 legs , then 3 will feel like luxury, will start on high power practice as the year advances).

Reactions: BWH
Glad you got the trip booked. Let me know if you need anymore help at all. Your not that far from me and I could bring my bog-pod tri pod to the range for you to use before you go.

Thanks Bill! I may take you up on that, plus I would love to see your stuff from Relive. I have since contacted them and got pricing and checked some references. I am planning on having my skull work done by them, and most particularly if my wife gets a Kudu, have him do a pedestal mount (man I wish I had higher ceilings).

Enjoy the next year of planning and preparation!

my wife is my hunting partner so the trophies are all over the house,not the shed or garage,love it.she likes seeing hers in the house.

Practice LOTS shooting off shooting sticks before you go!

my wife is my hunting partner so the trophies are all over the house,not the shed or garage,love it.she likes seeing hers in the house.

My wife hunts as well @edward only thing is our house is on the smaller side, and not quite as matcher to taxidermy aesthetically at least to her. I knew she was serious about this trip when she told me she wanted to hunt a kudu and actually get it mounted. I'm a big fan of skulls and euro mounts myself. It is great when you are married to someone who enjoys hunting with you. I think once we get some work done finishing the basement a bit I will have some down there, but I think some Africa pieces will end up in the living room. Love the avatar photo by the way, what caliber is that contender?

LOL.... My wife does not hunt. However, as luck/karma would have it. I married an interior designer. So there are random things that she chooses, that are in our home (i.e. Zebra rug, pheasant, etc)..... Everything else....man cave. Except for my sons room, since he's been born (10 years) I have a bunch of stuff in there.

Lucky man! I guess I am too my wife really doesn't complain as long as I keep them out of the bedroom. Lol

LOL.... My wife does not hunt. However, as luck/karma would have it. I married an interior designer. So there are random things that she chooses, that are in our home (i.e. Zebra rug, pheasant, etc)..... Everything else....man cave. Except for my sons room, since he's been born (10 years) I have a bunch of stuff in there.
Speaking of interior design, when my wife and I stayed at the zebra lodge she fell in love with African decor, so we did some shopping in Jeffrey's bay. Already planning the decor for when we move down south. Shipping it with my trophies when ready. Paul from Relive taxidermy was kind enough to hold on to it.

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning,

My wife and I are looking into going on a couples safari in 2017. She is not the type that needs total pampering, just a shower and a bed. She wants to hunt, particularly for a Kudu (and possibly a warthog), along with other trophies as available. I am most interested in either a bushbuck or a gemsbok and a mountain reedbuck. I am looking for either a package that could have something added on (I have no issues splitting a trophy package with her) or a reasonable daily rate for 2x1. Most interested in South Africa or Namibia, but am open to other countries. Any suggestions or offers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks (and super excited to work my way to a destination I have been dreaming of since I was a kid).

Hello Bsto270,

I just sent you a special offer via PM. Feel free to call me at 307-259-9603 or 888-850-HUNT, Extension 702 for more details.

Attachments

• 2016-2017 Africa Pricing.pdf
    215.1 KB · Views: 135

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odoodevelopers

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross