Wanted Blaser R8 Safari Selous Barrel

Bwaybuilder

AH enthusiast
AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa
Looking for a 375 H&H or 416 Rem Mag. Must be in excellent condition. May consider other calibers.

Euro Optics has some in stock in 375, 416, 458, 500,

J Sips & son made a really nice very accurate .458 Lott barrel for me within 4 weeks of placing the order.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 12.04.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 12.04.04 PM.png
    703.5 KB · Views: 70
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 12.04.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 12.04.06 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 73
Have you considered a semi-weight? Dimensions would be fairly close for the forend channel. I shoot a standard .300 in a semi-weight forend and it looks fine.

I have a Selous stock without a front sling stud. I need the stud band on the barrel.

The front stud kit can be bought from Blaser direct (San Antonio) for under $15 bucks delivered. I did just that last year for my Pro Safari Steel stock. Just remove the front forearm access plug (used to attach the forearm to the receiver) and put in the front stud kit if you want to go the non-Selous route.

I have a Selous stock without a front sling stud. I need the stud band on the barrel.
If it is a synthetic stock, you can remove the plug and add a front sling swivel. This is what I did on my PH stock and ordered the additional stud from Top Dog Guns Global. If it's a timber stock, yes you will need the sling swivel on the barrel or carry your rifle without a sling...which is also an option. Depends on the type of hunting you are planning on doing.

If you are looking for a 375 barrel, I would highly recommend the semi-weight barrel as @Red Leg mentioned earlier. The safari (22mm) barrel carries a lot of weight. My wife has one for her R8 Intuition, but needs the additional weight to help her with recoil control. Most people can learn to shoot a rifle in 375H&H that weighs just 8-9# with relative ease.

I believe that you are asking for something that will not be forthcoming. 1) there are not a lot of people with a Selous stock. 2) people that do have them like them and are not inclined to sell them at any price. 3) you are talking about a gun that is @5,000 dollars composite stock or @8-10,000 dollars for the wood stock gun. Even if they sold the barrel it would not be at a big discount thus you might as well get a new from the factory.

I own one btw and just my two cents.

I would not buy a .375 in that heavy barrel. I would likely do it for a .416 though. It is like a chunk of lead in your hands!

I believe that you are asking for something that will not be forthcoming. 1) there are not a lot of people with a Selous stock. 2) people that do have them like them and are not inclined to sell them at any price. 3) you are talking about a gun that is @5,000 dollars composite stock or @8-10,000 dollars for the wood stock gun. Even if they sold the barrel it would not be at a big discount thus you might as well get a new from the factory.

I own one btw and just my two cents.
Very aware of the price. I have a R93 and R8 Selous, both wood. I did find both the 375 and 416 barrels from members who were willing to sell at fair prices. I now have all the Selous calibers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JannEarle

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois