Wanted Blaser R8 Safari Selous Barrel

Bwaybuilder

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa
Looking for a 375 H&H or 416 Rem Mag. Must be in excellent condition. May consider other calibers.

Muskox

Gold supporter
AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Hunted
Namibia, Australia, Spain, Germany, all over the United States
Euro Optics has some in stock in 375, 416, 458, 500,

Ed Lally

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
USA, Canada, South Africa
J Sips & son made a really nice very accurate .458 Lott barrel for me within 4 weeks of placing the order.

Red Leg

Lifetime bronze benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 12.04.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 12.04.04 PM.png
    703.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 12.04.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-02 at 12.04.06 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 14

Red Leg

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Mex/S.Amer
Europe
Member of
SCI DSC life memberships / NRA Patron Life
Hunted
Mexico, Namibia, RSA, Germany, Austria, Argentina, Canada, Mozambique, Spain, US (15 states)
Have you considered a semi-weight? Dimensions would be fairly close for the forend channel. I shoot a standard .300 in a semi-weight forend and it looks fine.

Bwaybuilder

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
South Africa
I have a Selous stock without a front sling stud. I need the stud band on the barrel.

limpopo

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
NRA Patriot Life Patron
Hunted
Botswana, RSA, Zimbabwe
The front stud kit can be bought from Blaser direct (San Antonio) for under $15 bucks delivered. I did just that last year for my Pro Safari Steel stock. Just remove the front forearm access plug (used to attach the forearm to the receiver) and put in the front stud kit if you want to go the non-Selous route.

BeeMaa

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA
I have a Selous stock without a front sling stud. I need the stud band on the barrel.
If it is a synthetic stock, you can remove the plug and add a front sling swivel. This is what I did on my PH stock and ordered the additional stud from Top Dog Guns Global. If it's a timber stock, yes you will need the sling swivel on the barrel or carry your rifle without a sling...which is also an option. Depends on the type of hunting you are planning on doing.

If you are looking for a 375 barrel, I would highly recommend the semi-weight barrel as @Red Leg mentioned earlier. The safari (22mm) barrel carries a lot of weight. My wife has one for her R8 Intuition, but needs the additional weight to help her with recoil control. Most people can learn to shoot a rifle in 375H&H that weighs just 8-9# with relative ease.

MMAL

Gold supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
New Jersey, New York, Wyoming, Colorado, Mexico, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Northwest Territories, Newfoundland, Namibia
I believe that you are asking for something that will not be forthcoming. 1) there are not a lot of people with a Selous stock. 2) people that do have them like them and are not inclined to sell them at any price. 3) you are talking about a gun that is @5,000 dollars composite stock or @8-10,000 dollars for the wood stock gun. Even if they sold the barrel it would not be at a big discount thus you might as well get a new from the factory.

I own one btw and just my two cents.

Philip Glass

AH legend
Reaction score
Website
www.dorper.net
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Asia/M.East
Member of
NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
Hunted
RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe, Cameroon, Mongolia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, TX, NM
I would not buy a .375 in that heavy barrel. I would likely do it for a .416 though. It is like a chunk of lead in your hands!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marizel529

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

eballo wrote on doubleboy's profile.
Is the Parker still for sale?
hunt 65 wrote on Bullthrower338's profile.
You ever sell the Hyme 458 Lott?
Bob Nelson 35Whelen wrote on jwp475's profile.
@jwp475
If you need help with your Whelen loads please PM me
Bob
xausa wrote on Challer's profile.
I don't know where you're located, but I'd be happy to let you try out my Krieghoff. I'm located in West Tennessee and the local gun club has a skeet layout and is located not far from my farm. We're about five miles from the Kentucky state line and about 100 miles west of Nashville.
I just joined today, I live in Louisiana. I joined mostly because of all of the 35 Whelen discussion as I am now very interested In the 35 Whelen. I have an 1885 Highwall that J.E.S.S. rebored to 35 Whelen

Also own 338s 375 and both a 416 rem and Rigby