Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Du .SCI and central wa. chapter
Hunted
New zealandand argentina,Canada,Tanzania eastern cape SA.Zimbabwa 14 states in the U.S.and soon in Mozambique
Any great deal on a Bongo hunt? john

:Happy:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm. Good luck on that one.

Thank you Royal27Than was A assume report. John

John Good luck on your seach for a Bongo hunt. If your not in a big hurry check some of the up coming auctions at DSC and SCI Conventions once in a while they get some for auction. and besides you could join us for the dinners.

Bob thank you ,I am trying to get my wife to go to the SCI show but no luck yet.I will let you know if I can make it to the show. John

John, doing a buffalo hunt with Franz Coupe this month and will check with him on prices. Unfortunately, Eric Stockenstroom has stopped but he used to bag big bongos and Lord Derby's with clients. Will check with him as well.

Thank you Sir.John

CONDITIONS FOR THE SAFARI SEASON 2015 BIG GAME SAFARI

I SPECIAL (1 hunter, 1 guide)

BONGO 12 days 22 000 €
GIANT ELAND (or DERBY ELAND) 12 days 20 000 €
LION 12 days 20 000 €
FOREST ELEPHANT 12 days 18 000 €
SAVANNA ELEPHANT 12 days 15 000 €
BUFFALO NANUS or SITATUNGA 6 days 12 000 €
BUFFALO or KOBA 6 days 8 000 €
BUFFALO and KOBA or HIPPO 6 days 10 000 €
Observations, Fishing, Trekking x days 300 € (day)

Price non hunter: 200 € / day

If you opt for two hunters and a guide, 1 000 € (per hunter) will be deducted from the above prices.

The reservations for an Eland, a Lion, or an Elephant, include either a Koba or a Buffalo, to be specified at the time of the reservation. In all the cases during hunting, priority is given to the achievement of the initial objective, the basis of the reservation.

As long as the quotas are available, options can be granted in addition to one reservation.
For the Lions, Bongos or Elephants, 6 000 €, for a Koba, a Buffalo or a Sitatunga 3 000 €.
These options may require 21 days of Safaris, in accordance with regulations of the Cameroon administration.

Animals classified A: Bongo, Eland, Elephant, Lion, Buffalo, Hippopotamus, Koba, Sitatunga
Waterbuck, Harnessed Bushbuck
Animals classified B: Western Hartebeest, Western Kob, Bohor Reedbuck, Duiker (Grimm, Red-Flanked, Yellow Back, Blue, Peters) WartHog, Red River Hog, Oribi, Dog-Faced Baboon, Hyena.

II SPECIAL OFFERS

Cancellations or early reservations may enable us to offer special and attractive conditions. To find out more, please contact us.

III COURSE OF THE SAFARI

Amongst the various choices given in paragraph I, it is possible to shoot 3 or 4 animals from the group B. This must be specified at the time of the reservation, to enable us to manage the quotas more effectively.

IV GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS

A) The price includes
- Reception at the GAROUA airport, transfer to the hunting zone and back
- Service personnel and daily washing
- Full board accommodation. Drinks included (except Champagne)
- Professional hunter, trackers, carriers and Skinners
- Insurance RC hunting for the hunter only

B) The price does not include
- A go and return plane ticket
- Hotel in Garoua or Douala if necessary
- Expenses of telephone on the camp
- Visa and gun importation licence
- The hunting licence: 1.000 €
- The fishing licence: 150 €
- Game fees (see attached list, to be paid on the spot, in cash).
- Taxidermy, the trophies packing and dipping (including customs taxes) and the forwarding agent's expenses.
- Trophies transport and forwarding agent expenses in Paris CDG and in final destination
- Insurance covering cancellation, repatriation expenses, weapons, personal luggage, etc
- Tips

C) Pre taxidermy at the camp
- 1 preliminary preparation at the camp by a Skinner
- Disinfection (insecticide, bactericide), salting, drying and folding, labelling.
Fixed price of Pre taxidermy: 900 €

D) Forwarding of the trophies
- Official C.I.T.E.S documents. Certificate of origin, sanitary and tax certificates, Cameroon Customs fee.
- Packaging and forwarding of the trophies by plane to Paris CDG Airport
Fixed price for Forwarding: 900 €

In addition:
- Trophy of elephant ivory tusks: 500 € / trophy
- An elephant's cranium - 600 €

E) Regulations
Only one animal of each of the species mentioned above can be shot. The shooting of female or young animals is prohibited. A double tax will be charged for any female animal killed. This tax will also be levied for any wounded animal not found. The payment of the slaughtering taxes, taxidermy, forwarding charges must be paid on the spot and in cash at the end of the Safari.

F) Registration
Your reservation for the Safari will become effective after reception of your registration form correctly filled out and signed, accompanied by a 50% down payment of the total price of the Safari and the necessary documents:
- Valid Passport (at least 6 months after the return date)
- Medical certificate of aptitude for the practice of great hunting
- 4 identity photographs
- An entry visa to Cameroon (Cameroon Embassy)
- Application for importation and copy of the of weapons' invoices (documents provided in the agency Iles et Voyages which will perform this step for you at the CAMEROON Embassy)
- Valid yellow fever vaccination (10ans)
The balance of the Safari will be settled 30 days before the departure.

G) Cancellation
In the event of cancellation, the amount already paid will not be refunded.
H) Insurances
We advise you to contract:
- A cancellation insurance, to cover you in the event of last minute incidents
- A Mondial Assistance type of insurance covering repatriation expenses
- An anti-paludal treatment.
The Company declines any responsibilities in possible consequences of delays or cancellation of flight

GAME FEES

Class A (euro): Class B (euro):

FOREST ELEPHANT 3 500 € GIANT FOREST HOG 1 000 €
GIANT ELAND (or DERBY ELAND) 2 800 € SINGSING WATERBUCK 700 €
LION 2 800 € WESTERN HARTEBEEST 600 €
ELEPHANT of SAVANNA 2 600 € BOHOR REEDBUCK 400 €
BONGO 2 500 € YELLOW BACK DUIKER 800 €
SITATUNGA 2 000 € WESTERN KOB 400 €
BUFFALO NANUS 2 000 € RED RIVER HOG 300 €
BUFFALO 1 500 € WARTHOG 300 €
KOBA / ROAN 1 500 € HARNESSED BUSHBUCK 400 €

I would contact Christophe Morio

Having hunted bongo 2 times the deal above is a pretty good price! There is never going to be a truly cheap bongo hunt!! Cheap and bongo don't go together!!

I would be very wary of a "good deal" on a bongo hunt. I agree with Skizeldick - cheap and bongo don't go together.

I used Mayo Oldiri - not the most expensive, but not the cheapest. But Guav Johnson - a great PH - hunts for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PWA703

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.