WANTED: Alaska Brown Bear Hunt Trade For.....Leopard, Buffalo, Double Rifle, ???

Treemantwo

AH veteran
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Looking to trade Alaska Brown Bear Hunt for something interesting. Namibia free- range safari, last minute leopard, buffalo.........Australia Buffalo, deer.......New Zealand Tahr, Chamois, Deer.......Anywhere Sheep, Ibex, I will consider anything....anywhere and might want to include my son who is 23 on whatever comes up and you may do the same with a friend. This hunt will either take place on the Alaska Peninsula or the interior depending on time of year. Peninsula hunts are October of odd numbered years and May of even years and will be 10 to 12 days in duration. Success usually occurs in a shorter time frame, but we can extend the hunt if need be due to weather or any other reason. I want you to have a great time.....great stories.....and success ! Accomodations vary depending on location of hunt, but expect to be cold, wet, tired, and throbbing with adrenaline. Reasonable trades appreciated. Let's talk and come up with something interesting. I'd like to establish a solid relationship with someone to do other species in the future and provide the same in Alaska. Heck, I might be interested in a double rifle as part of the trade !

Last edited:
You might want to include details of your brown bear hunt. Place, time, accommodations, etc. Interesting concept!

:S Welcome:Welcome to AH.

Good luck on your trade.

K-man and I might be willing to trade some hogs, coyotes and deer here in Oklahoma. May not quite be a leopard or marco polo but we will never know if we don't offer.......

All the best.

You might want to include details of your brown bear hunt. Place, time, accommodations, etc. Interesting concept!
Thanks for the advice ! I was getting so excited thinking of the next bear hunt that I skipped a few important details.

Welcome to AH sir.

Interesting trade offer Treemantwo. Hope someone takes you up on it, as hunting the big browns is awesome. Do you have a website that folks can go and gather further information and such? ie guide lic # ect ect

Hello Treemantwo , that sounds like good hunting , I would be keen on a swap hunt any chance of adding a Moose /Caribou or is that at a different time ? Down here is Oz we hunt all the Deer species and have a camp in the top end for Buffalo , Boar Scrub Bull and fishing , the season for that is June to August ( Dry season ) and all of the Deer in the South are in hard antler also at that time . What is the going rate / value of the Brown Bear hunt ?
Thanks talk soon

Welcome to AH Treemantwo! Thats an awesome swap your offering good luck on your trade. @Darryl Bell I don't know what Treemantwo"s average price is but what he offered for a 10 to 12 day hunt that can be extended for any reason can run well over $20,000 easy.

To all those who have tried to contact me......Thanks ! I have been traveling and away from Internet access, but will respond to everyone.

I would like to add a bit to my original post involving providing a brown bear hunt in Alaska for a reasonable trade elsewhere in the world. Like you, I am a hunting fanatic and that drive has always been my motivation in life's journey. I may never have the financial ability to hunt the world like so many others, but as an Alaskan Big Game Guide I think I have the inherent resources to be able to trade with some of you other fanatics and experience what might be otherwise out of reach.......for both of us. Every hunt I participate in is a " hunt of a lifetime "...... Whether it be as a guide or as a hunter, and I love sharing that with others. I can provide a hunt for Brown Bear, Moose, Caribou, and yes, Dalls Sheep. Black Bear, a Wolf, and Wolverine can be taken as incidentals on any hunt depending on the season and with proper tags in hand. We can hunt in the mountains of the interior or the Alaska Peninsula, depending on the season you want to hunt and species. Many bear hunts are successful during the 1st 5 days. Though no hunt can be guaranteed I can add days to a hunt if needed due to weather or any other reason I can justify ! I want all my clients to be successful and that's justification enough I think. I prefer to provide YOUR hunt first if we reach an agreement. Hey, somebody's gotta go 1st ! I will entertain multiple trades based on the offers I've received, but I may need to spread them out over a year or two period. Success is gauged in many ways, but let's just say a ride to the taxidermist is what I'm planning for you by the end of the trip ! I would love to share the hunt with my son who's usually at sea or maybe my business partner and will therefore extend the trip to more than one person on your end too. Just an option to consider and we can work out those details later. I seek unusual hunts in remote or beautiful places with people I hope to be able to remain lifelong friends with. Buffalo, Sheep, Free Range hunt in a Namibia or...... ? An African combo hunt with Croc.....? Leopard on short notice in a Namibia or wherever. Now, about that double rifle I mentioned earlier........ :) So, if your dream is to hunt Alaska then get in contact with me and share your thoughts.

Last edited:
Welcome to AH Treemantwo! Thats an awesome swap your offering good luck on your trade. @Darryl Bell I don't know what Treemantwo"s average price is but what he offered for a 10 to 12 day hunt that can be extended for any reason can run well over $20,000 easy.
Hey, thanks for the boost Bob !

Hello Treemantwo , that sounds like good hunting , I would be keen on a swap hunt any chance of adding a Moose /Caribou or is that at a different time ? Down here is Oz we hunt all the Deer species and have a camp in the top end for Buffalo , Boar Scrub Bull and fishing , the season for that is June to August ( Dry season ) and all of the Deer in the South are in hard antler also at that time . What is the going rate / value of the Brown Bear hunt ?
Thanks talk soon
Hi Daryyl. I would be interested in hunting both the deer species as well as buffalo and scrub bulls in the North. Moose and caribou can be added as long as the tags are in hand. In the interior/ mountains those three species can be hunted at the same time August/ September. The Brown Bear hunts on the Peninsula occur in October of odd numbered years and May of even numbers years during an approximate 21 day season. Good outfitters are getting $16-23k for those hunts with various success rates.....yet no guarantees.

Hello Treemantwo ,
Good to see you want to come down for a hunt and both Deer and Buffalo.
I have a hunting buddy who would want to come along and hunt and you son or friends are both welcome the hardest part for the hunting over here is the 3600 klms from the Deer area to the Buff hunting , so we will have a flight from Darwin to Melbourne or the other way around if we hunt the Deer first . The Sambar Deer hunt would be a 10 hunt ( a bit like hunting Elk in Montana just no horse ) and then we could hunt for Fallow Buck for 3 to 5 days , Huge numers of Fallow in our local area . We can also hunt Red Stag but if not hunting in the rut they can be hard to find . All of the hunting for the Deer is in our winter months so it will be cold and wet /might even snow , but the Buff hunt in the north is dry and perfect days almost hot . We have loads of wild hogs and good fishing in our NT hunting area .
Looking forward to finding out more , cheers and speak soon, Darryl Bell ( Bighorn Safaris Australia )

Hello Treemantwo ,
All of the hunting for the Deer is in our winter months so it will be cold and wet /might even snow Looking forward to finding out more , cheers and speak soon, Darryl Bell ( Bighorn Safaris Australia )
:E Lol:There might be snow, I'm not sure a guy from Alaska can handle that:E Excited:I think you guys are going to get along great.

I'm sorry for the late response to a few questions/ suggestions that were posted here, but to fill in the gaps a bit........umhhhhhhhh, I've been fortunate to have experienced bear hunts in 20+ feet of snow and 60 to 90 mph winds....and that was in the Spring. Wind and rain seems to be the norm for 4-5 days on an AK bear hunt, but we always have fun and when the sun finally breaks so does the game. I can handle Australia, but just give me the heads up on the height of the snake chaps that are needed.
A little about myself ..... I've been guiding in Alaska for over 10 years with the same outfitter, became licensed as a registered guide, ( license #1354), in December and am now a partner. We hunt the Alaska Peninsula for brown bear and primarily units 16 and 19 for brown bear, moose, caribou, sheep, and black bear. One can hardly say my guiding has been motivated by the $ since as an assistant guide it's been a break even proposition at best. It's always been about the hunt and sharing that once in a lifetime experience. As a newly licensed registered guide I plan on turning up the intensity and my past hunters may find that frightening, but success tends to be the greatest spokesperson for that next client.
I'll plan on 10 day hunts, yet will allow extra days to accommodate bad weather......or fatigue......but bear hunts tend to be successful within the 1st 5. I've never had the luxury of a lodge hunt and that may change, but plan on being cold, wet, and tired when you get back to the tent. Your trophy will be hard earned and subsequent storytelling long.
I seek an interesting hunt in trade and prefer to entertain one where a lifelong relationship can be developed. Oh, and I prefer to take you 1st and " bank " a hunt on your turf at a later date. I seek........sheep, buffalo, banteng, leopard, croc, Namibia free- range walk-a-bout, New Zealand, or........I will open this trade up to two hunters together as a 2 on 1 to balance things out or I may want to bring my son or a friend along. I do have one brown bear opening this fall for a paying client and it will be at a great price. Let's talk and try to satisfy an addiction that we both have !
One more thing..........I live in New Jersey, but I imagine the jokes will be short lived when your photo is taken alongside your trophy !

Sincerely, Derek
McForestry@optonline.net

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IsmaelMorg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg