Wanted .500ne Nitro Express Double Rifle Under 20K

rhoward252

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Hello All,

I am in the market for a .500ne double rifle. Needs to be under 20k. Strongly prefer ejectors. Please let me know if you have something for sale.

Thx,

Jake

JJ has 2 for sale on GI that are sleeved guns but nobody knows doubles better than JJ. There is also a Krieghoff and Army/Navy gun on GI under 20k. I got a V/C round body 500NE from GI recently for well under that price range that was serviced by JJ.

I happen to have a Heym 88b, with the G in the serial number, that I just took photos of today, planning on letting Chris at Heym USA sell for me when he returns. I have several rounds for it also, that will be included, as well as the leather ammo carrier. It does not come with the original plastic case, although one can be had I'm sure. I would do 20K for the lot. [redacted] if you want to talk or text.
IMG_5885.jpeg
IMG_5889.jpeg
IMG_5888.jpeg
IMG_5887.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I happen to have a Heym 88b, with the G in the serial number, that I just took photos of today, planning on letting Chris at Heym USA sell for me when he returns. I have several rounds for it also, that will be included, as well as the leather ammo carrier. It does not come with the original plastic case, although one can be had I'm sure. I would do 20K for the lot. [redacted] if you want to talk or text.View attachment 525195View attachment 525196View attachment 525197View attachment 525199
Very nice. What does the G in the seriel No denote?

Last edited by a moderator:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 9.24.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 9.24.25 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
  • Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 9.24.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 9.24.27 AM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 31
  • Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 9.24.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-28 at 9.24.32 AM.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 29
That Osbourne that just popped up on GI is the deal of the century in that condition,...if I didn't already have a working double in 470 I'd be buying it.

It's over a smidgen.

Thanks so much Krish. Nothing against the nice Osborne but it is not a fully restored Westley Richards. As much as I like Chapuis and others I have owned they are not Westley Richards

That's actually a really fair price for a WR that has been imported, gone through by JJ, and has all of those components. As someone who bought a 500NE recently and had to source components, I know the pain. Also, just my opinion, but I think the weight of the WR is more appropriate for a 500NE than the Osbourne. 11 more ounces does make a difference. Mine is about the same weight as the WR and that seems about right to me (and I'm not recoil shy).

Hello All,

I am in the market for a .500ne double rifle. Needs to be under 20k. Strongly prefer ejectors. Please let me know if you have something for sale.

Thx,

Jake

@Rare Breed 's advert for his 500NE is about as nice as you're going to find at your targeted pricerange. It's a Westley Richards as-new gun, but priced $8000-$10,000 less since retailed by Army Navy CSL. Doesn't have ejectors, but then again if it did you'd be paying another $8000 there too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marquesgriffin

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois