Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, GSCO
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, 33 US states and counting
I'm checking the used market for a right hand 450/400 NE double. Anyone thinking of selling? Also looking for dies and brass.

Located a double. Still looking for dies/brass.

Sorry but there was some on GB a few days ago. I was going to buy but missed it.

I found dies/shellholder online...was in stock a few places. Brass/bullets are next.

Bullets are in stock at grafs and sons or where a week ago. I have been bidding for ammo and brass on GB but they seem to go for extreme prices the last hour of bidding every time.
Word from some reputable sources say hornady is due to run a lot of ammo mid 2022

Looks like graf and sons is out of stock now but I just checked and powder valley has hornady solids in stock.

Brownells has 400 gr DGX in stock. I just got 4 boxes. Little cheaper than Grafs was also.

Looks like graf and sons is out of stock now but I just checked and powder valley has hornady solids in stock.
Thanks. I just picked up 1 box of solids from PV. They either had a limit in effect or I got the last box.

I can’t find anything except on GB

Picking up a new Chapuis from Champlin…

BD19E2CB-8A3A-4CFD-BF28-F39CD137B3B7.jpeg

Chapuis is a great gun. I have one in 470 and it has been on a few trips and never a problem. In the process on having a Heym 89b made in 450/400 now and still can bring myself to sell the Chapuis.

Good question. I’m considering a red dot.

Glad you're buying a Chapuis, and doubly glad you're buying it from George. Tell him I said hello when you pick it up.

Picking up a new Chapuis from Champlin…

View attachment 453451
I bought the identical gun two years ago took it to Africa last year and absolutely love it. Can shoot it all day. Took a great Buff and 4 PG with it. Congratulations!!! George and JJ are the very best!

Personally, I have a hard time with anything but open sights on a double. I grew up bird shooting in Indiana and Michigan with a s/s, and then graduated into double rifles as I got older (and fortunately with a few more $). I have owned several. I currently have a vintage WR 470 boxlock. Made in 1914 (have documentation from WR). I occasionally shoot it out to 50 yds or so. I snap shoot using mainly the front bead as if I was shooting clays or pheasant. No problem keeping the shots in the kill zone. Similar to combat shooting with a handgun. The emphasis is on the front sight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BennettTim

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross