AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Namibia, British Columbia, Western US
I am looking for 2 boxes of factory Hornady ammo in 450/400 3". Ideally I would like to find a box each of dgx and dgs but that's not super critical. I just want to see how these are going to shoot and then I can just reuse the brass for reloading. Let me know if you have anything you'd like to sell. Thanks!

Not sure if this helps or where you’re located. Alaska Ammo in Anchorage has what you’re looking for.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 10.33.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 10.33.25 AM.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 69
  • Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 10.33.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-31 at 10.33.27 AM.png
    362.1 KB · Views: 71
Thanks! I am afraid of shipping costs for sure. I am in Utah. I will call them to see what it costs to ship and if it would even be reasonable but I suspect it would be better to just find some in the lower 48 to save some money.

Mike B, if the purchase price is reasonable, shipping costs will be the least of your worries. Have you tried to buy any other ammo recently. Except for a few odds and ends most vendor's shelves are bare.

They can't ship out of state which is probably going to be the case for most shops in Alaska. I guess it has to go by sea so unfortunately I will have to find some in the lower 48. Gunbroker has one guy that is hell bent on buying up all the ammo there so I can wait until he has his lifetime supply of big bore ammo :LOL: I am not willing to pay $200 per box of ammo since I have all of the components to reload. Well I would pay that if I knew the end price but that is as far as I was willing to go.

I do have some DGS bullets that have been shipped that I can reload with but do not have any of the dgx to reload. It would be nice to have a box or two of the factory stuff to see how they shoot out of a used but new to me double rifle that I just bought. If I didn't have to reload, that is what I would prefer but I will do what I need to to make this all work.

Sounds like you need to purchase a ticket to Alaska, bring the gun and shoot a moose. Then do some shopping.

That is a good idea. I was able to get a box of dgx today from an awesome forum member here so now I just need a box of dgs. Thanks for everyone's help on this!

Awesome, Glad you could score a box of ammo. A lot of good folks on this forum. Good luck with finding some DGS ammo.

I have some dgs I can part with if you still need it.
What state are you in?

Hey thanks for the offer but I was able to find a few boxes of the DGS stuff from a store in Texas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you