AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
Lifetime NRA member, Lifetime SCI Member
Most of you know about my previous 404 saga and the outcome of that. After selling the rifle, I sold ll of my 404 ammo and components. I now have AHR building a new rifle for me and would like to acquire a couple boxes of ammo as well as few pieces of brass to get things going.

If you can spare a box of ammo or a few pieces of brass send me a PM.

Could trade new 416 Rigby brass or components if interested
Thanks!

Also need soft projectiles if anyone has those.

North Fork has soft points if you are looking for bullets with lead. Last I looked Hammer and CEB had copper.
404 Jeffery components are like hens teeth by and large at the moment.
Last week there were 30 Norma shells for sell on Gunbroker. They are gone now.
If you hit the mother lode on brass, give me a shout.
This was on another thread https://bertrambrass.com/shop-1/ols/products/404-jeffrey.
I have enough to not go here at this time but can’t let any go!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 8.13.37 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 8.13.37 AM.png
    701.8 KB · Views: 21
North Fork has soft points if you are looking for bullets with lead. Last I looked Hammer and CEB had copper.
404 Jeffery components are like hens teeth by and large at the moment.
Last week there were 30 Norma shells for sell on Gunbroker. They are gone now.
If you hit the mother lode on brass, give me a shout.
This was on another thread https://bertrambrass.com/shop-1/ols/products/404-jeffrey.
I have enough to not go here at this time but can’t let any go!
404 components are as rare as hens teeth now. If you find them, they come at a premium.

Andrew

I can spare a couple boxes of once fired Hornady .404J brass. PM me if interested.

Mike

Andrew

I can spare a couple boxes of once fired Hornady .404J brass. PM me if interested.

Mike
I would also consider trades for .375 H&H brass by Norma or RWS...

Sorry for the "maybe stupid question":
Is there a specific reason for the shortage?

In Europe brass and ammunition is still available, a little bit more expensive than last year, but not that high...

Bought 50 Barnes TSX bullets and 20 Hornady brass without any delay and "only" paid approx. 10% more (which is quite understandable regarding inflation)

In Europe brass and ammunition is still available, a little bit more expensive than last year, but not that high...

Bought 50 Barnes TSX bullets and 20 Hornady brass without any delay and "only" paid approx. 10% more (which is quite understandable regarding inflation)
May be we have more 404 shooters on this side of the pond. OR we dont have enough.
Krish

Note all the guys on here converting RUM rifles into .404’s …. Well it goes the other way as well, people are buying .404J brass to form into different wildcats that are bases the casing.

Covid brought a sag in production which put ammunition and components manufacturers behind the demand curve, which actually increased during Covid, followed by increased military and law enforcement demand. Primer production has been the critical gating factor here in the USA. Add to this the uncertainty of logistics (mainly transport) and we are in a right mess.

Most of you know about my previous 404 saga and the outcome of that. After selling the rifle, I sold ll of my 404 ammo and components. I now have AHR building a new rifle for me and would like to acquire a couple boxes of ammo as well as few pieces of brass to get things going.

If you can spare a box of ammo or a few pieces of brass send me a PM.

Could trade new 416 Rigby brass or components if interested
Thanks!
Hawk also make soft bullets, with a good range for the 404J i.e. 300gr 350gr 400gr 450gr. Worth a look.

A notice from Lapua said that they decreased production of several "sporting" cases because the demand from military & police contracts was taking all of their capacity for production. No indication of how long the M&P contracts would take to fill.

Go to "opticsandammo.com" They have boxes of unprimed Hornady 404 Jeffery casings for $47/box

Screenshot_20230219_143823_Chrome.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to "opticsandammo.com" They have boxes of unprimed Hornady 404 Jeffery casings for $47/box
SCAM website it would appear.

A notice from Lapua said that they decreased production of several "sporting" cases because the demand from military & police contracts was taking all of their capacity for production. No indication of how long the M&P contracts would take to fill.
Same story with RWS

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nhakhoa123

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,