Wanted 375 Ruger Alaskan Or Guide Gun

Why 375 Ruger vs 375 H/H? Just curious

I would not trade my guide gun for the world. I prefer the h&h caliber because of tradition, but the short style and handiness of the guide gun is by far my favorite. Nothing could be better for a quick wielding rifle. I used to hate the look of the stock, but it grows on you because of the feel. I’m not the type of person to think just because I have something that it is the best. If I didn’t like the guide gun, I would have sold it long ago because of it being a non traditional African caliber. Once you feel and try one, you will find it hard to go back to a traditional long rifle in a dangerous game situation.

I would not trade my guide gun for the world. I prefer the h&h caliber because of tradition, but the short style and handiness of the guide gun is by far my favorite. Nothing could be better for a quick wielding rifle. I used to hate the look of the stock, but it grows on you because of the feel. I’m not the type of person to think just because I have something that it is the best. If I didn’t like the guide gun, I would have sold it long ago because of it being a non traditional African caliber. Once you feel and try one, you will find it hard to go back to a traditional long rifle in a dangerous game situation.

+1

I like the Guide gun and want to get one eventually. When I finally got to handle one in person, at a gun show, I was surprised how small and handy it was. Compared to my Model 70 Safari it is tiny! Kinda want it in 416 Ruger but idk how much longer that chambering will last and I do not reload...yet.

Just sold mine recently to another member. Good luck

I like the Guide gun and want to get one eventually. When I finally got to handle one in person, at a gun show, I was surprised how small and handy it was. Compared to my Model 70 Safari it is tiny! Kinda want it in 416 Ruger but idk how much longer that chambering will last and I do not reload...yet.
I fully understand that. I think the 375 is a bit more popular at this point than the 416 ruger. I do believe that cartridges will be available if you are willing to order them online, etc. It is a concern but I believe they will at least be available in the future though. I always wanted to harvest a Cape buffalo with my 416 Rigby or even buy a 404 Jeffery to be traditional, but the handiness of this little Ruger has me second guessing everything.

I fully understand that. I think the 375 is a bit more popular at this point than the 416 ruger. I do believe that cartridges will be available if you are willing to order them online, etc. It is a concern but I believe they will at least be available in the future though. I always wanted to harvest a Cape buffalo with my 416 Rigby or even buy a 404 Jeffery to be traditional, but the handiness of this little Ruger has me second guessing everything.
I'd like both of those cartridges, but can't afford either haha. The 375 H&H I have is stretching it on ammo affordability.

I have one in the safe I’ll probably never use i may sell. It’s the guide gun stainless and laminate. I have brass, bullets, dies and some Hornady factory ammo. If I sell it I’d like to sell it all as a package. PM me if interested. I haven’t been on this site long but I have a lengthy history and feedback on the Long Range Hunting forum if your part of that.

i am hard pressed to go back to factory ammo after getting into reloading. it is amazing how much more accurate hand loads are, and if loading premium bullets in large calibers, is a tremendous money saver.

i am hard pressed to go back to factory ammo after getting into reloading. it is amazing how much more accurate hand loads are, and if loading premium bullets in large calibers, is a tremendous money saver.
As mentioned, I found a 375 Ruger Alaskan and it's on its way.

Built a 375 Ruger on a M70 S/S Classic receiver a few years ago. S/S barrel, with interrupted flutes (thik Sako Black Bear) and 3 leaf rear sight, barrel band front sight and barrel band sling swivel. All of this nestled in a McMillan Sako Hunter. Manage to shoot a handful of rounds out of it before I was 'persuaded' out of the gun and remaining ammo - for a princely sum, of course.

Been kickin' my self in the buttocks ever since. The 375 Ruger Alaskan is going to take it's place.

Now I really wish I hadn't let the ammo go - or the unprimed brass I had for it. I'm tempted to buy some of the Hornady 300gr DGS rounds that are at the local gun shop, pull the bullets and load my all-time favorite .375 projectile - the Nosler 260gr Partition.

After I buy a house and get settled I'm going to set up for reloading. I have a single stage Press and some of the other accessories. Just no place to do it.

375 Ruger Alaskan , the best kept secret !
my favorite and go to rifle for most of my PG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross