Wanted .375 Rifle

sniper7

AH member
Reaction score
Hello all,

New member long time looker.

I borrowed a gun for my first safari and would like to buy my own.

looking for a .375 Ruger or H&H.

I really liked the CZ550 when I handled that at SCI a couple years back.
I also like the Ruger Hawkeye African.

of course I liked the much more expensive rifles but they aren’t in my budget.

if you have one or something similar please let me know. Possibly interested in 2 as my hunting partner is also looking for one.

I’ve got an Interarms Model X Mauser in .375 H& H that I might part with. I have the original wood stock (nothing special) and a new Bell & Carlson stock that I had exactly fitted to it by a gunsmith. It’s got the longer (25”-26”) barrel. It doesn’t have iron sights but they could be added by a reputable gunsmith, if you want. I think I also have Talley bases and QD 30mm rings for it. I’ve got two other .375s (another Interarms & a CZ 550 Safari Magnum) so I don’t need all three.

I have a 375 Ruger that I would consider selling. PM for information if interested.

Hello all,

New member long time looker.

I borrowed a gun for my first safari and would like to buy my own.

looking for a .375 Ruger or H&H.

I really liked the CZ550 when I handled that at SCI a couple years back.
I also like the Ruger Hawkeye African.

of course I liked the much more expensive rifles but they aren’t in my budget.

if you have one or something similar please let me know. Possibly interested in 2 as my hunting partner is also looking for one.
What price range you are looking at. What is your budget.
Krish

Several Winchesters for sale on here and Gunbroker. I recommend the Model 70 Safari Express in 375 H&H.
Hard to go wrong with a CRF Win 70. Just glancing though the various internet offerings today, I noticed several in the 1000-1400 range. A pre 64 would be higher of course. I'm partial to the Win 70s made between about 1998 and 2005 (but that's just me :) ). If careful about seller background, no worries about online purchases of used guns. Just go in eyes wide open and with a critical eye. Of my various larger caliber bolt guns, one was put together and the others have been used guns mostly from online sources and one from LGS. I have pillar bedded all my Win 70s- really the only work needed on them. I had a local smith fight and claw through adding a Win 70 safety and a single trigger, I purchased separately from AHR, to my low mileage BRNO ZKK (the predecessor to the CZ 550). I added crossbolts. It is ready to go as a DG gun now. I paid about 850 for it and put another 400 in parts and smith work to get it up to "speed".

The rifle you are looking for is out there... beat the internet bushes and you'll find it. Use caution and focus on details and the seller. Good luck

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses everyone.

my current budget for the rifle is in trying to keep it under $2000.
Then planning on getting a 1-7 or 1-8 scope and quick detach rings for it

I have had a few members offer up rifles, considering a couple of them and still open to look at more.

my hunting partner has a bigger budget, he is currently looking at a $10k rigby in .375 with EAW rings. Any input on that rifle would be appreciated

Okay..u don't need to spend alot of money for a good gun..I find it very interesting on custom guns..gums.. alot of the time don't feed well.i have so many high end guns that just don't work..after you get in the larger calibers ..it's horrible.

Okay I have had more than most custom guns..3 585 nyatis.2 600 OK..2 505 gibbss 2 500 jefferies..and many doubles.once you go past 460 or 458..ur in God's hand..good luck

Any interest in a Remington 725 in 375H&H? I have one that I'm looking to sell, This is a 1 of 37 ever made by Remington.

IMG_4675.JPG
IMG_4677.JPG
IMG_4675.JPG
IMG_4676.JPG

PM sent

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross