Wanted 375 Remington Ultra Mag

jonathan davis

AH senior member
Reaction score
I’m looking for a 375 Remington ultra mag to purchase. Let me know what you have along with pricing.

Not mine and no connection to seller. Just saw it today and remembered seeing your ad.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 8.59.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 8.59.25 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 107
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 8.59.27 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 8.59.27 AM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 111
I know where there is one. PM me.

Roy

I just saw one for sale on 24 Hour Campfire site.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 8.22.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 8.22.58 AM.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 91
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 8.23.01 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 8.23.01 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 83
  • Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 8.23.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 8.23.08 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 89
I have a Sako L61R with 3-lug bolt in .375 Ackley Improved by D. Bellm in PO Ackley's shop. Stocked in English Walnut it is a nice custom rifle.

Thanks. I’m really wanting a Remington 700 but not having any luck. What do you want for the rifle?
Thanks

@jonathan davis - What is your motivation to get a 375RUM? Not that you need any particular motivation to buy another rifle but there are a lot of 375 caliber options. Wondering why you chose this one.

Several years back I wanted something with a little more power than the H&H and opted for the RUM. My only complaint about it is that after i got it, it's popularity waned so ammo/brass can be an issue. Since it's a non-standard base dimension it is difficult to form brass from more ready sources. As such, I'd give the Ruger a lot of thought, but otherwise, I have no complaint about the RUM.

Several years back I wanted something with a little more power than the H&H and opted for the RUM. My only complaint about it is that after i got it, it's popularity waned so ammo/brass can be an issue. Since it's a non-standard base dimension it is difficult to form brass from more ready sources. As such, I'd give the Ruger a lot of thought, but otherwise, I have no complaint about the RUM.
All valid points about brass but I bought 100 rounds when bass pro put them in the “discount bin”. So I’m in good shape with the he brass.

Not mine and no connection to seller. Just saw it today and remembered seeing your ad.
Looks to be a nice rifle and I believe it is controlled round feed, unlike a Remington 700.

A guide friend has a .375 RUM and it is very effective on brown bears.

Looks to be a nice rifle and I believe it is controlled round feed, unlike a Remington 700.

A guide friend has a .375 RUM and it is very effective on brown bears.
Yep that’s what I also thought. It looks like it’s an AHR “Dangerous Game Rifle” model. All made on CZ 550 actions if I remember right. IMO at a decent price too. I was thinking they were $6k new but maybe the seller upgraded the stock or something.

I imagine the 375 RUM would be good bear medicine.

New by Remington Custom Shop

Thanks for your help in my search. Watched one on gunbroker go for sky high price. To rich for me. Oh well, the old 375 jj will do just fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross