Wanted 35 Whelen Brass

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 7.32.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 7.32.56 AM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
I didn't look at what inflated price they are asking for 35 Whelan brass on GB but you should be able to find cheaper 30-06 brass and just run it through the Whelan die.

Then pick up the 35 Whelan brass as you find it at better prices

I didn't look at what inflated price they are asking for 35 Whelan brass on GB but you should be able to find cheaper 30-06 brass and just run it through the Whelan die.

Yeah probably just easier and cheaper to punch out some '06 brass

I tried that the other day and it seemed to work well.

Most of my 35 Whelen ammo started life as 30-06.

I keep about 80 pieces of Whelen head stamped brass for when the rifle travels overseas… but for just shooting at the range or taking to the local woods on a hunt.. I just feed it the 30-06 head stamped stuff

I just built a .35 Whelen and am looking for brass. Thanks for looking.
I know you’ve probably thought of this. I have a 35 WhelenI just get once fired brass or new brass 30 -06 run it, run it through your sizing die make sure you use resizing lube,& you have 35Whelen/35-06. that’s what people did before Remington in 1988 started making brass and a factory load chambered for rifles. Mine is an old Mauser. That’s what we do and that’s how it works. Never a problem. Cheers Tony

Thanks Tony I was aware of using .30-06 brass and I have done so. I was hoping to find some correctly marked brass as Tanzania inspectors somehow get confused when the brass doesn’t match the rifle markings. Appreciate your input.
Open a GunBroker account. If you have not already, there is brass for sale Remington 35 Whelen ,you might find federal or Norma, or take your once fired brass with the 35 Whelen head stamp reload it to what you want. Good luck Happy safari cheers Tony.

Look in GunBroker under new old stock and used, in reloading supplies or ammunition I found 60/80 hand loads Remington 35 Whelen head stamped,I pulled bullets & dumped powder & primers and used brass , great & cheap like $50 bucks

I just built a .35 Whelen and am looking for brass. Thanks for looking.
@gundog5
If you can't get whelen brass just use God ol 30-06 brass and a Lee full length size die.
Lube the case and neck. One pass and you have perfect 35 Whelen brass.
Get hold of some Hogdon CFE223 and some 225s or 250 gainers and have fun.
You won't be disappointed. CFE223 turns the Whelen into a real different beast.
Bob

I have some.35 Whelen head stamped Hornady Brass, NIB.

PM if interested. Always like to help another.35 Whelen enthusiast.
Hi Bob, hope your hunting trip went well in land I did buy CFE223. It’s amazing very clean burning. Thanks for the recommendation Bob, it meters really well. cheers, Tony. help another 35W enthusiast

Hi Bob, hope your hunting trip went well in land I did buy CFE223. It’s amazing very clean burning. Thanks for the recommendation Bob, it meters really well. cheers, Tony. help another 35W enthusiast
@Tiger Tony35whelen
Hunting trip was washed out mate couldn't get into the paddocks but that's life.
Glad you got hold of some CFE223 it also eliminates copper fouling. I haven't cleaned my Whelen in 2 years just an oil patch and dry before use. It also gives outstanding velocities.
Bob

I dont have brass but i have 6 New boxes of 200 grain Fusion ammo. If you decide you want to discuss it let me know. Not sure what its worth but id make you a fair deal on it...trade or purchase.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaliaPace

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross