Wanted .333 Bullets & 405 Win Brass & Bullets

dgr416

AH senior member
Reaction score
I am looking for .333 bullets for my Elmer Keith 333 okh belted mag 1917 end field it's awesome. I ALso need some 405 brass or some 7x65 r or 9.3x74 brass to make it out of .I also need some .411 bullets. I have a teddy Roosevelt 1895 that I shoot with alot .

I am looking for .333 bullets for my Elmer Keith 333 okh belted mag 1917 end field it's awesome. I ALso need some 405 brass or some 7x65 r or 9.3x74 brass to make it out of .I also need some .411 bullets. I have a teddy Roosevelt 1895 that I shoot with alot .
Check out Hawk bullets for the 333

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-11 at 7.25.44 AM Large.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-02-11 at 7.25.44 AM Large.jpeg
    165.8 KB · Views: 40
  • Screen Shot 2023-02-11 at 7.25.45 AM Large.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-02-11 at 7.25.45 AM Large.jpeg
    150 KB · Views: 39
  • Screen Shot 2023-02-11 at 7.25.47 AM Large.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-02-11 at 7.25.47 AM Large.jpeg
    202.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Screen Shot 2023-02-11 at 7.25.50 AM Large.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2023-02-11 at 7.25.50 AM Large.jpeg
    227.3 KB · Views: 33
I was seeing if anyone had any laying around you would be surprised what people have. I HAVE some bullets that Fred Barnes made for Elmer just hate to shoot them up .I need 250 gr or smaller for the .333 I got enough 300 grain bullets

I just got some .412” in from Northward Precision. Haven’t shot them yet, but he was a pleasure to work with and I’ve heard good things about his bullets.

Gary Reeder is out of 405 brass .I found some 3040 Krag brass but I hate to use it in this Teddy Roosevelt model.I am wondering which way is the best to neck up 7x65 brass to .412 caliber that's a long ways up

Starline brass needs to make 405 win brass they are awesome .If 100 people call anf ask for it to be msde they will put it on their list to make .

Sometimes you can find Jamison brass as well. I found some a while back on GB and got 40 pcs. I bid on two full boxes of new Hornady the other day on GB but someone else was willing to pay $300 for those 100 cases.

I just had a friend here in Ga who is going to work for Norma at the new ammo plant when it opens .They were asking what calibers did hunters want them to produce I said 405 win .I also tried to get a bunch of hunters to call starline brass to call and ask for it .I had 357 rem max and 444 marlin and 375 win made by them by having a bunch of people call them.

I have 4 unopened boxes (50 @ box) of Hornady Interlock 405 Win (.411) 300gr SP. PM if you're interested.

I'd like to see your 333!

I have a Griffin & Howe built on a 1917 (or 30 Express action) chambered in 333 G&H Super Magnum which is pretty much a 334OKH.
I believe it is the only one G&H ever made.

Elmer keith took this 333 okh belted mag to Alaska and shot a huge grizzly .Charlie O'Neal who Made it took to Africa for plains game. I HAVE got to get a one piece scope rail made for it so i can mount regular scopes on it .I sold the 3x9 Redfield thar was on it and it's the only scope with the body length to fit or. I HAVE a long busnell scope on it now .i think the scope bases were drilled crooked I adjusted my scope all the way over and it still shoots left .I have to replace the recoil pad too it's hard as a rock and falling apart no fun to shoot it now .You can swage down 338 bullets if they are not bonded bullets .I did buy some 300 grain bullets in 333 but they are too big for deer.

I need help on my 333 belted mag rifle needs awesome recoil pad and a picney one piece scope rail .I think the scope bases are drilled crooked I can't get a scope to fit between the too far apart rings .I have one scope that fits but this rifle will tear if up a busnell 3x9 x50 fit but I don't trust it .

I need help on my 333 belted mag rifle needs awesome recoil pad and a picney one piece scope rail .I think the scope bases are drilled crooked I can't get a scope to fit between the too far apart rings .I have one scope that fits but this rifle will tear if up a busnell 3x9 x50 fit but I don't trust it .
Can you post a photo of your base/ring set up on this rifle?

Send me your phone number .It's two weaver bases they used weaver extended rings the old clamp on type to put the scope on .It had a 3x9 Redfield and I shouldn't have bit I sold it and too late discovered that it waa one of the few scopes that the main body length fit between the rings .I tried all of my Nixon and Leopold scopes none would fit .I think I can use a one piece pinney mount to solve the length problem and Burris signature z rings to solve the crooked problem. I HAD to do that on the worse bolt gun I have ever had to fix a model 70 stainless 338 win mag it was drilled crooked the finish rusted off I'm the case and the magazine and trigger guard wouldn't work .I hate gj sens this gun off post office steals them and throws them like groillias .I gotta size some 338 bullets to .333 also .I want a awesome recoil pad that looks super nice and works awesome .Good shooting Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
The Burris Signature rings would be the place to start with the Weaver bases you currently have and could still be used on a one piece pic rail if you have to take it to that step.
The old Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 that has been discontinued has about as much or more for ring placement as any scope and the 4" eye relief can be a big help also. Good luck!

It's the scope body that is between the bells that's the problem .I gotta find someone to make a one piece mount .My scope that's on there is 2 feet off st 25 yards with the adjustment all the way over

It's the scope body that is between the bells that's the problem .I gotta find someone to make a one piece mount .My scope that's on there is 2 feet off st 25 yards with the adjustment all the way over.
That sounds like a serious case of misalignment. A blank base could be drilled to compensate for that and would be much easier than welding up the holes and starting over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouveniaBo

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!