WANTED: 2016 African hunting trip

James R

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend an outfitter or package for me? I will be in Port Elizabeth or Johannesburg probably March/April 2016 as a friend of mine will be getting married there so I thought I'd plan a hunting trip. Does not have to be in South Africa. Will be paying in ZAR. There may or may not be an observer.

After the following game:

Zebra (Mountain or Burchell)
Kudu
Monkey

Plus 2-4 of the following

Blesbok (White or Common)
Blue Wildebeest
Common Reedbuck
Eland (Livingstone or Cape)
Gemsbok
Impala
Nyala
Sable
Springbok (Common or Black)
Waterbuck

Thanks in advance.

Well I work with Jacques Spamer of HartzView Safaris. Our main ranch is north of Kimberley in South Africa, it will cover most of your list and we have access to other areas to cover the others. How many days of hunting were you planning for?

Reactions: BWH
James

We have some Port Elisabeth and Durban guys on here to check out.

These would be very close to where you will be.

I guess I'd be looking anywhere between 4-10 days I guess. I'm not on tight schedule after the wedding.

Thanks I'll do a search

I guess I'd be looking anywhere between 4-10 days I guess. I'm not on tight schedule after the wedding.

Thanks I'll do a search

Welcome to AH, :E Happy:

I just notice you are a new member...:S Newbie:

You are welcome to contact me for any information, I can offer what you are looking for. Welcome to the forum!

Hi James R

Welcome to AH and good luck on planning your hunt.

It might be a good idea to contact Marius from KMG it sounds like his neck of the woods.

Best Regards
Louis van Bergen

hi james welcome to AH. some good boys on here who are near where you will be who can provide what you need. would love to say come visit but you have a few animals on your list we dont have here, and its slightly too wet here at that time of the year

Welcome James R. Hope you enjoy the forum as there are lots of outfitters on here who can help. Pieter at Paw Print has already responded.

Thanks I'll do a search

With up to 10 days to work with, we can make that work. If you'd like more info on HartzView, please feel free to call me (phone number in my sig line) or shoot me a PM with your phone number.

Also, welcome to AH!

Welcome James!
I sent you a PM requesting some more info on your particulars.

Welcome to the forum James! Glad to have you onboard. AfricaHunting.com is a wealth of information , so please don't hesitate to post your questions or contact me should you have any concerns.

Take Care,
Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome James,

You are more than welcome to contact me. I am able to help with all the species mentioned!!

Good luck with your search and i am sure you will find a great hunt between all the specials and great guys on this forum!!
All the best
Gerrit

Thanks everyone so much. Will send proper replies/pm to those who have given me contact details already. Definitely excited. What ever I don't get on this trip, I will get on the next trip as I will be addicted.

Will be bringing my own rifles also with me.

Glad the guys have chipped in and given you some options already.
Good luck with your planning.
No way you should waste that airfare to Africa and not hunt. :)

Last edited:
We had a fantastic hunt in the PE area with Iliwa Safaris. It was on a very large place and spot and stalk. We hunted all day long and got excellent animals. Eight made SCI book with the best a Gold #54 Impala. They own the property and do the guiding themselves. Great people.
They have a website and a FB page.

PM me if you want more info. If you contact them tell them Doug and Kelli Thomas said Hi.

Welcome to the forum James,

We are right in your neck of the woods, only 45 minutes drive from Port Elizabeth Airport. We have dates available from June, 1st and would be happy to accommodate you and your group. We have all the animals you listed and more!

Should you be interested be sure to pop me an e-mail or contact any of the other EC Outfitters on the forum. There are great guys, and special outfits that will truly live up to providing ONLY the BEST to you!

• Zebra (Mountain or Burchell)
  • Kudu
  • Monkey
Plus 2-4 of the following
  • Blesbok (White or Common)
  • Blue Wildebeest
  • Common Reedbuck
  • Eland (Livingstone or Cape)
  • Gemsbok
  • Impala
  • Nyala
  • Sable
  • Springbok (Common or Black)
  • Waterbuck

Thanks in advance.

My best,

Loodt Buchner

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Donnie58Q

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!