Want To Trade My 505 Gibbs

Discussion in 'Free Classifieds' started by KencoArms, Sep 23, 2019.

1. KencoArms

KencoArms AH Senior Member

Video/Photo:
    want to trade my CZ 550 in 505 Gibbs Right hand for a left hand 505 Gibbs . Yea I’m looking for a unicorn horn

354587AC-F4E7-4102-A8CF-59BF8DBE82A7.jpeg E8F6B688-F949-4948-96E8-1ADB088722EA.jpeg 0292C3F3-0406-47A5-A048-0EE3E86A85C3.jpeg 2FD7DEE7-AC4D-44CA-931A-423CE0A3CE9A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 24, 2019
    jpg and ActionBob like this.

2. CAustin

CAustin AH ENABLER BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Courtney Hunting Club, NRA Life Member, SCI Kansas City Chapter
    Hunted:
    South Africa, KwaZulu Natal, Kalahari, Northwest, Limpopo, Gauteng, APNR Kruger Area. USA Georgia, South Carolina, Arkansas, New Mexico, North Carolina and Texas
    That’s a thumper for sure!

3. MRodrigues1991

MRodrigues1991 New Member

price for out right sale?

4. KencoArms

Video/Photo:
    I have close to 75 pound of loading stuff for it . 500+ bullets 558 grain solids and 100 rounds of brass plus dies and die adaptor . Of the 100 brass 45 are loaded. Don’t want to ship that and love the cal.

5. Newboomer

Newboomer GOLD SUPPORTER AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, SCI, American Legion, Freemasons
    Hunted:
    RSA, Maine, Montana, Colorado, Texas, Alaska, California.
    Interesting concept--a right hander working the bolt lefty. It might have some advantages in that the right hand doesn't come off the controls as you work the bolt with the left hand. Quicker followup shot off the sticks. The sticks can support the rifle and remain on target better. Right hand can hold the rifle into the shoulder.

6. KencoArms

Video/Photo:
    You still have to lift your head to get out of the way of the bolt handle . I am left handed

7. Newboomer

Newboomer GOLD SUPPORTER AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, SCI, American Legion, Freemasons
    Hunted:
    RSA, Maine, Montana, Colorado, Texas, Alaska, California.
    Right. Your thumb has to get out of the way of the bolt, too.

KencoArms likes this.

8. Wyatt Smith

Wyatt Smith AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    I’m not trying to derail the thread but I have read a review in outdoor life about a left hand bolt right hand ejected rifle I believe that was made by shilen. It was designed for prairie dog hunting, and being fired exclusively from a bench/bipod the left hand bolt handle allowed you to keep your cheek wield. It had a thumb hole stock to keep it out of the way and a 223 length action didn’t require moving your head. Interesting but very specialized.

9. KencoArms

Video/Photo:
    I have tons of loading stuff for it . I mean 600 bullets 50 new cases and 50 loaded with data dies ect 2500.00 the rifle was 1400.00 then CZ moved the front site threaded it and a break 400.00 with recoating the entire rifle.

10. AZDAVE

AZDAVE AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Alaska,lower 48
    I would love to have it but the $$$ aren't in the budget at the moment and don't have anything left handed to trade.

"Yea I’m looking for a unicorn horn" Also just remember that a rhino is really a unicorn that let it's self go a bit overboard on pastries:Woot:

KencoArms likes this.

11. GA Hunter

GA Hunter AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    A lot of custom target actions offer the option for having one or more loading/ejection ports on either or both sides of the action. For instance a right handed shooter may want the bolt and the ejection port on the right side with a loading port on the left side. This allows for rapid reloading with no interference from the ejected brass as the next round is being put in place. You are right that they are obviously very specialized and there’s basically no practical application for them outside of the benchrest/target community.

Wyatt Smith likes this.