Want To Trade For A 458 Lott

Backyardsniper

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I have one 458 in a CZ but I am having feeding issues so I'm looking to pick up another rifle. I know these aren't popular items here but I figured I would gibe it a try. I have the following available for trade one or both with or without added cash.
Custom AR in 6.5 grendel built with JP barrel and bolt, Aero upper and Lower, geisselle trigger, magnum UBR stock. Barrel is 22" it is a tac driver. Roughly 100rd through the gun. I have brass and bullets.
Also have a Benelli M4. I purchased it new this year and turkey hunted with it.

Both great guns but I have a safari coming up and I'm tired of fighting the feeding issues with the CZ.

Possibly. I purchased it from a friend and had planned to keep it, but I would consider selling it I suppose.

Is it American stock, or European?

Have you considered contacting the guys who took over the CZ upgrades that Wayne at AHR used to do. I think they are on AH? Maybe they can fix feeding issue. I know my 458 Lott that Wayne did works flawlessly.

I contacted AHR and left a voicemail and an Email today hoping that whoever took it over would call me back next week. I also just looked up that Matrix gunsmithing you mentioned and I'm going to contact him Tuesday. It looks like thats when they open back up

Well not that you mentioned but another fella messaged me about them. I would love to find a Smith to fix this one since I purchases it from a friend of.mine. it would be great if I could get it to run right. It's crazy accurate just has that pattended CZ "she'll from the left side of magazine" hang up.

I have a full custom AHR if your interested

I contacted AHR and left a voicemail and an Email today hoping that whoever took it over would call me back next week. I also just looked up that Matrix gunsmithing you mentioned and I'm going to contact him Tuesday. It looks like thats when they open back up
I too need to take my CZ550 Lott to Matrix for smoothing of the action. Mine too will sometimes not feed the second cartridge reliably. Matrix is about an hours drive from where I live. Don’t give up on your rifle yet!

I have one 458 in a CZ but I am having feeding issues so I'm looking to pick up another rifle. I know these aren't popular items here but I figured I would gibe it a try. I have the following available for trade one or both with or without added cash.
Custom AR in 6.5 grendel built with JP barrel and bolt, Aero upper and Lower, geisselle trigger, magnum UBR stock. Barrel is 22" it is a tac driver. Roughly 100rd through the gun. I have brass and bullets.

Both great guns but I have a safari coming up and I'm tired of fighting the feeding issues with the CZ.
Matrix is in colorado and AHR IS IN MONTANA.
@CoElkHunter knows where Matrix is and their ph #. So contact CEH. HE MAY BE OF GREAT HELP. ALSO MATRIX CAN BE LOOKED UP IN GOOGLE.
KRISH

Here is the info
Screenshot_20210711-101711_Chrome.jpg

Dirty little secret here.

If you sell your bad-feed CZ you’re going to give it away at defective prices. You can then buy 50 more of them new and guess what? Feed issues.

The CZ is a rough, crude weapon that falls short of a $10,000+ dangerous game rifle. The reason people love them is that for modest money, they can be transformed into a very reliable dangerous game rifle. This is a capability within the CZ that is not within the capability of most other $1500-$3500 large bore magazine rifles.

You just need to get your CZ properly tuned for a few hundred dollars and you’ll be all set. Pick your favorite loaded ammunition and send it away with the gun to ensure a quality gunsmith verifies excellent feed with all your preferred ammunition.

I hope you keep your CZ as there is nothing wrong with it that isn’t wrong with nearly all of them out of the box.

I will moat likely keep this one either way I think. Even if I purchase another one. I am definitely gonna talk to the guys at Matrix gunsmithing and see if I can get it lined out.

As I recall when Wayne Jacobson (I think that is his last name) at AHR got out of the CZ business, he didn't abandon it 100%. He is on call if Matrix needs additional help. I'd be very surprised if Matrix can't get all of your issues sorted out and that you wind up with a great rifle for a couple of hundred bucks. They (CZs) just about all need fixing, but once fixed, I don't hear any complaints.

I think with the CZ 550s, it also can be the "luck of the draw" whether a particular rifle feeds and functions smoothly. I bought my .458WM new a couple of years ago and a used (barely) .375 awhile back. They both feed everything flawlessly from the factory. My Rigby had been AHRd by the previous owner and feeds everything smoothly too. My Lott needs a little work though. I love my CZs!

They are great rifles. I think the one I have now will probably take a trip to matrix and see what he can do with it. I would like to own one of the AHR versions one day. They are beautiful rifles

After looking at several other rifles I believe my plan is to send the 458 off to Matrix gunsmithing and if I don't get it feeding as it should I suppose I will do a 1 gun safari and just use my 375 H&H. I am Leary of shooting elephant and buffalo with the 375 but it seems to be the popular opinion that it is sufficient so hopefully the 458 gets fixed, if not then it's 375's for everybody

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois