Want To Sell Or Trade New, Never Fired, CZ 550 Safari Magnum 458 Lott

Brian

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Value is $2,000 CAD. Comes with extras. Would like to trade for single shot 500NE. ie. converted Ruger No.1, etc. Thanks, Brian in Canada.

Which stock does it have? What's the logistics of getting it in the u.s.?

Hello All, It is a new, never fired, CZ550 Safari Magnum 458 Lott.
- CZ USA Laminated stock, and original CZ walnut stock with small blemish.
- New NECG aperture sight.
- Three boxes (150 bullets) NorthFork Cup Point Solids and Expanding bullets.
- 100 new brass loaded with 350gr. bullets for break in and practice.
- New Redding Dies.

Sorry to say that I just noticed that I made a mistake in posting the price. I meant to say USD not CAD. My bad! Apologies.

I have not learned to post photos. Please send PM with your email address and phone number for photos and talk. Brian

Last edited:
I have not learned to post photos. Please send PM with your email address and phone number.
@Brian, Just drag and drop any pictures directly into your post and they will upload automatically.

More info on Photos & Videos Tutorial:

Logistics to USA, We use an agent. About $200 dollars and some paperwork last time I did it. Brian

DSCN9355.jpeg

Jeremy, Thanks, Wow! That was simple. Any fool can do it! (chuckle)

I may post some better photos asap. Brian

I love how easy it is to post pictures here. The most user friendly site I have ever came across!

I have a CZ 458 Lott already , or I would be very interested in this! Your price seems very fair as well with the extras you have with the rifle as well!

Where abouts in Canada are you? I am in Edmonton myself.

Someone should be very happy with this set up. I really enjoy mine, although I will probably take my 470 double for Buffalo. I like the Lott a lot , I love my double 470.

Last edited:
Here is the story on my brand new CZ 458 Lott Safari Magnum.

After my second cape buffalo hunt in 2010, with a 375 H&H, I ordered this CZ 458 Lott. The first thing I did was send it to a gunsmith to tune/pollish the action and trigger. I also sent the stock to another guy for bedding and refinishing. He who made a small cosmetic mistake on it, so used it as an excuse to order the laminated stock which I wanted in the first place, from CZ USA.

Meanwhile, I caught fire with the idea of .577NE and through Ed Hubel, who has recently passed away, I made a .577NE up on a single shot break open action. I killed 7 more cape buffalo with this .577NE and never touched the brand new CZ 550 Safari Magnum 458 Lott. It has languished in my safe for over 10 years.

No worries to me as the price on this now discontinued, beautiful rifle is going up steadily and I have some gun crazy grandchildren who have started hunting in Africa. So, I appreciate your interest, but serious inquiries only please. Thanks, Brian

I love how easy it is to post pictures here. The most user friendly site I have ever came across!

I have a CZ 458 Lott already , or I would be very interested in this! Your price seems very fair as well with the extras you have with the rifle as well!

Where abouts in Canada are you? I am in Edmonton myself.
Yes, it sure is nice to post a picture here.
I am in Kamloops BC.
You being from Edmonton means that you can't be all bad! (chuckle.)
I love Edmonton for a city, and have hunted and worked a lot in Northern Alberta.
(I worked on a drilling rig in the Wood Buffalo Park in 1963.)
Do you hunt cape buffalo?
Yes the CZ Lott very popular with African PH's. They like the GSC flat nosed solids for back-up bullet. I like the CEB bullets for buffalo. Thanks for the post, Brian

Yes, it sure is nice to post a picture here.
I am in Kamloops BC.
You being from Edmonton means that you can't be all bad! (chuckle.)
I love Edmonton for a city, and have hunted and worked a lot in Northern Alberta.
(I worked on a drilling rig in the Wood Buffalo Park in 1963.)
Do you hunt cape buffalo?
Yes the CZ Lott very popular with African PH's. They like the GSC flat nosed solids for back-up bullet. I like the CEB bullets for buffalo. Thanks for the post, Brian

I haven't hunted Buffalo yet, but I hope to soon. Love reading all the reports on the hunts here . I just read your report and watched your video on your buff hunt with the 577. You did some very fine shooting!

Apologies for wandering off the topic of your post, I tend to do that .

Your rifle should not be for sale long I would think, a very nice set up.

Apologies for wandering off the topic of your post, I tend to do that .

Me too. I enjoy it! When you get to planning a cape buffalo hunt contact me. I can suggest some things.

Thanks for your kind comments, Brian

Whoa, I just found a set of new Talley Rings for it too. 1 inch. Brian

Very nice, someone needs to jump on this, I'm going to ask FFL about this Canada deal, not sure he will deal with it or not...If there's anything extra for him to deal with... Something I haven't done before

I will look for a good agent too. There are more operators doing it now.
I will get back to you in day or so. Brian

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaStilwe

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross