Want To Buy CZ 550 416 Rigby Stock

Backyardsniper

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
I have a single lug CZ 550 in 416 rigby. I am looking for a back up stock in the event this one happens to split. It has a little cosmetic flaking around the back of the tang and it worries me a bit. I would hate for it to crack right before I'm supposed to head out on a hunt and to not have a back up on hand. I'm not sure if the single lug actions will fit in the newer 2 lug stocks or not. If anyone knows for sure then let me know.
I'll take whatever you got, wood, synthetic, American, European. Not picky on this one I just need one that will fit.

I have a single lug CZ 550 in 416 rigby. I am looking for a back up stock in the event this one happens to split. It has a little cosmetic flaking around the back of the tang and it worries me a bit. I would hate for it to crack right before I'm supposed to head out on a hunt and to not have a back up on hand. I'm not sure if the single lug actions will fit in the newer 2 lug stocks or not. If anyone knows for sure then let me know.
I'll take whatever you got, wood, synthetic, American, European. Not picky on this one I just need one that will fit.
Look at bell and Carlson, they are very strong, high quality and they ship quick. All you really have to do is bed the recoil lug.

What I need to know though is if those are compatible with the CZ with a single recoil lug. I think that stock will work and if so I may purchase one.

What I need to know though is if those are compatible with the CZ with a single recoil lug. I think that stock will work and if so I may purchase one.
Can you attach a picture of your barreled action?
Also, if you want wood look at Boyd’s they make a decent stock built to your specs and they are assembled and shipped quick as well

8041C51D-7CAA-45F7-B790-7C11F897C3D6.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can’t remember the new name for the CZ custom shop. AHR?
The lady that runs the office is the daughter of the owner. She has piles of take-off mint stocks. She’ll sell one reasonably. I did this to being to Africa for a PH that jumped out of a tree and landed on his rifle like a goofball.

I can’t remember the new name for the CZ custom shop. AHR?
The lady that runs the office is the daughter of the owner. She has piles of take-off mint stocks. She’ll sell one reasonably. I did this to being to Africa for a PH that jumped out of a tree and landed on his rifle like a goofball.
Wayne Jacobsen no longer owns AHR

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 6.43.00 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 6.43.00 AM.png
    2.5 MB · Views: 45
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 6.43.03 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-27 at 6.43.03 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 46
Wayne still owns it, he's just focusing on custom builds instead of tuning up stock CZs now. I bet he stills have some extras that he took off. That is a decent place to start.

I do have a spare CZ 550 European hogback style stock from a 375 H&H. PM me if you're interested.

Wayne still owns it, he's just focusing on custom builds instead of tuning up stock CZs now. I bet he stills have some extras that he took off. That is a decent place to start.

I do have a spare CZ 550 European hogback style stock from a 375 H&H. PM me if you're interested.
I have a CZ 550 factory stock that I bought in 416 Rigby I can sell you very reasonable price. PM me if you want it.

I spoke with Wayne from AHR today. I'm gonna give him a call in a day or two when I get a chance to disassemble the rifle again and send him some pics and hopefully we will have some clarification pretty soon on this one lug vs two lug CZ business.

The mystery has been solved. I do indeed have the two lug rifle and I have also found a spare tock as well. I can't say enough about how nice Wayne was. He explained the whole double lug thing which just looked different than what I thought it would look. Whomever bedded this stock I have did not do a "pretty" job of it but it feeds right and it is extremely accurate so I'm gonna run with it. I may use the new stock I have coming as a project to learn how to bed a rifle myself.

The mystery has been solved. I do indeed have the two lug rifle and I have also found a spare tock as well. I can't say enough about how nice Wayne was. He explained the whole double lug thing which just looked different than what I thought it would look. Whomever bedded this stock I have did not do a "pretty" job of it but it feeds right and it is extremely accurate so I'm gonna run with it. I may use the new stock I have coming as a project to learn how to bed a rifle myself.
Bedding is easy if you use a good amount of release agent and a bedding compound that isn’t super fast cure. Marine Tex or devcon aluminum putty work good as well as pro-bed. Use popsicle sticks to mix your 2-part compound and use them to apply the compound to the stock. You don’t have to bed super far up the Fore-end. I would just go 2 inches past the lug and everything to do with the action. If you want to avoid cracking get yourself some Talley magnum cross bolts. If you don’t like the “in the white” appearance you can fabricate brass eschusions and sand them down to fit flush

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelitaAu

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,